how many of you have armed themselves?

by buffalosrfree 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

No guns......I don't think we're allowed to have them here in Canada.......I'd like to get me sum pepper spray, but sheeet, I don't even think we're allowed that over here......plus unciebruce jes laughs at me when I say I wanna get me some pepperspray. .Looks like I'll be making the trek to Buffalo soon to pick sum up.

• kid-A
    kid-A

No guns......I don't think we're allowed to have them here in Canada.......

hey babe, I keep a well shaken can of beer on me at all times.....that " frothy explosion " really keeps them bad guys away! Uncle Bruce shakes his can alot too, but hasnt been able to produce enough pressure for an adequate explosion in many many years! LOL

• Mary
    Mary
    hey babe, I keep a well shaken can of beer on me at all times.....that " frothy explosion " really keeps them bad guys away! Uncle Bruce shakes his can alot too, but hasnt been able to produce enough pressure for an adequate explosion in many many years! LOL

LMAO! Oooooh you're in big trouble when he reads this thread!! Actually I think I'll just walk around with the latest copies of the Botchtower and Asleep magazine......aren't they supposed to be sharper than any two-edged sword?

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    Cause theives usually bring plasma cutters with them.. If you have a serious gun safe, you should be OK.
    Is that a joke?

Just my sarcastic nature at work really.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

Sadly, for my neighborhood, I have a set of plasma cutters on order with ebay.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

*Edited because someone will think Im serious.

• heathen
    heathen

Gee Katie do you think saying go away or I'll call the police is going to scare off all would be rapists or murderers ? So your neighbor was a jerk and probly had too much to drink but some people just are sick all together and love to hurt others . I applaud what RichieRich did , now if he used his gun for crime I'd say take it away from him but he was only trying to defend himself . People are always trying to break in my house and that probly is the only reason I would shoot somebody , I think it is legal to shoot if they are stealing your vehicle tho . Dogs are great but people can kill them as well . You can't kill a trusty side arm . For home protection they do recomment a shot gun tho . Now that would leave a big mess somebody has to clean up .....

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    The fact that Americans mistrust their own government.... is a real worry

a minority i'd say, not all.

i used to be anti-gun, but now i see the need for individuals to be armed. its how the americans decided they'd protect themselves from tyranny when the kicked out the imperial british, by writting it into their constitution of the right to bear arms. un-arm a population and they're easy to tyranize.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

I'm sorry but your philosophy about guns means nothing to me. And I don't like blaming the victim in any situation, especially this one. This was a highly unlawful circumstance forced upon my family and one which we needed to take decisive steps in order to protect ourselves from future victimization. The first step was installing a security system which would give the burglar a LOUD reminder that he can change his course before the cops get there. Non-violent and non-confrontational on our part, really. If that didn't work, we could be certain his intentions would be extremely confrontational and worthy of EXTREME suspicion on our part as to his intent. If the security alarm could not serve as the needed buffer between this guy and my family...well, it's really on him, isn't it? I did not create the situation that he would find himself in. He would choose to escalate things, not me.

I loathe the idea of shooting someone for any reason and doubt I'll ever need to put my hand on that gun but I will not hesitate to defend myself and my family if someone confronts me after ignoring the safe barriers I put up to keep him away. And I don't have to defend the place in my home where I choose to house my gun either.

The lack of empathy boggles..

CC

• Forscher
    Forscher

Well, lets see,
    I only have a shotgun right now. But my dad was a certified handgun combat intructor, so I have the training when I do get a handgun. Because of other training from my pre-dub days, I am basically a walking weapon. Shy of using a firearm, anyone who wants to hurt me has got to get close enough for me to hurt them, and I'll play to win!
    Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit