how many of you have armed themselves?

by buffalosrfree 83 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I recently bought a high powered rifle and am presently buying a pistol for back-up. I have a cross bow, a compound bow, and several swords and knives, in fact i have been collecting knives for some time and have learned how to use them in defending myself and in taking the initiative in learning to defend myself. i am quite versed in using both the croww bow and the compound bow, it seems the goverment doesn't want to defend us and just wants to unarm us. I don't trust them, never have but am not annal about it, just watchful and careful.

With the threat of terrorism, I know the government won't defend us as individuals but as a colective body of people leaving the individuals to fend for themselves. Well I for one will, I have fought in Vietnam, defended myself on numerous occasions and will do so again if needed.

How about you what have you done to ensure that you are defended, waiting for a police response won't help, recently, last couple of years, when the police were called to my house in an emergency, they failed to show up, and instead called an hour (an hour mind you) later and wanted directions to my house. So much for being able to call the police or fire department for help. I quickly realized its up to me and me alone to defend and take care of myself. Just like it was in Vietnam.

Well I now have the mental attitude i had then, mess with me at your on peril. buff

• oldflame
    oldflame

yep I'm ready !

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have had a rifle for 35 years, but it is for hunting, not protection. I don't even keep the bolt in the same room as the rifle.

An elderly nieghbour of mine keeps a saw under her bed. If I was worried, I would do the same. They are an awesome, short range weapon. Cheap and legal in any society, they have a handgrip that could never be pulled from your hand, are impossible for an intruder to grab hold of without severe injury, and light enough for your granny to wield.

• avengers
    avengers

I have a baseball bat behind the door.

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

Americas complete fascination with guns astounds me. I feel kinda sorry for you guys that you feel it so necessary to carry them, have them in your homes, cars and handbags. When I was there last year I stayed with a mate in Wisconsin who had several armed guns lying around his house and wouldnt hesitate to use them if someone threatened him. No wonder there are so many gun related deaths in the US.

Then you look at somewhere like the Uk, where not even the general duty police carry guns and the mortality rate there is insignificant in comparison to the US.

My mate in Wisconsin is a police officer there, and when I told him the cops in Australia arent allowed to take their weapon home with them, his response was, "well why not? Dont they trust them enough to let them take guns home"? Ludicrous!!!

Obviously theres no easy answer to the whole gun issue in the states, but i think if half the people who owned guns worked for a night in an emergency room at a hospital, they would think twice about owning or using one.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    With the threat of terrorism, I know the government won't defend us as individuals but as a colective body of people leaving the individuals to fend for themselves. Well I for one will, I have fought in Vietnam, defended myself on numerous occasions and will do so again if needed.

Terrorism eh? So when an Arab flies a 747 into your house you'll shoot the bugger. Good plan. The fact that Americans mistrust their own government and think terrorists might target individuals is a real worry. An even bigger worry is the culture of gun ownership .. no wonder Texans are so polite.

unc who lives unarmed in the real land of the free

ps: I do have a rifle but it's not for shooting people.

pps: How many 747's have these evil terrorists got anyhoo?

• juni
    juni

A cast iron frying pan and a rolling pin.

Juni

• jstalin
    jstalin
    Obviously theres no easy answer to the whole gun issue in the states

Who says there needs to be an answer?

I own about six firearms, mostly because they are fun. However, god bless the soul who decides to break into my house.

• Stealth
    Stealth

I have been thinking of gettnig a gun for personal protection. There has been a rash of home invasions in my area over the past few months.

Questions for those who know something about the subject. What type of gun would you recommend for personal protection?

• chuckie77
    chuckie77
    Who says there needs to be an answer?

I think the parents who have lost children; the families that have lost members; and the friends who have lost mates would love an answer...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit