how many of you have armed themselves?

by buffalosrfree 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

Most gun owners DO NOT fit that stereotype.

Warlock

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Do swords count? :)

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Most gun owners DO NOT fit that stereotype.

Warlock

Is it okay if I imagine that they do?? But seriously, folks, no one's like that around here?

• undercover
    undercover
    You don't even have to have a shotgun. You just need to yell "get the shotgun!!!".

Why not just yell, "Get him, Cujo!" and bark ferociously

• Warlock
    Warlock

Sir,

Before the "truth" I owned several guns and knew quite a few gun owners.

I only can remember one "Soldier of Fortune" stereotype at work, and I don't remember if he even owned a gun.

The media would have you think ALL gun owners are a bunch of "right wing wackos".

Warlock

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Chuckie,

I'm looking forward to what you'll find. There is a plethora of info. out there. As you know, data can be twisted to show anything you want but I'm sure you'll find credible info somewhere. If I was a criminal and I knew that the dude I was going to rob/assault had a gun I might actually reconsider my plan to rob/assault him.

Watch out down there and don't get sticked! Ha

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

Yeah no worries Sailor, not really looking for stats, just coming up with some arguments. I know stats can be interpreted to make anything look good or bad.

Im not saying your wrong in your views... Actually, yes I am, but lets see what I can come up with and how you can shoot me down (so to speak)

• Carmel
    Carmel

Tried a wrist rocket for a few months, moved on to a C02 pistol but finally gave up and just put an electric fence up. No more raccoons tearing apart the fish pond!!

carmel

You can't be too careful! The city council promises to protect the citizens by alas, alas, they don't understand the wiley nocturnal creatures!

• james_woods
    james_woods

to quote: Hey Chuckie,

Why don't you look up the statisical evidence for how many crimes have been foiled because someone DID have a firearm?

Warlock _____________ The official NRA magazine used to have a column (maybe still does) devoted to real-life self defense stories about American gun owners. It was interesting that to my memory most of them did not involve a death or injury, and many without a shot being fired. However, I thought the quote I read in Car & Driver about this organization was pretty funny - Brock Yates once claimed their slogan should be: "The family that loads together, explodes together"...and if you aren't well trained and pretty careful with guns and ammo, bad things can and will happen. FWITSW, James

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    Oh silly me, here I am thinking that a theif who breaks into a house would break into a gun cabinet... Of course, they would just look at the pretty safe and not touch it!

Cause theives usually bring plasma cutters with them.. If you have a serious gun safe, you should be OK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit