Are You Afraid That Armageddon Is Going To Come Since Leaving "The Truth"?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

If you look back into history you'll find ever since man began there have been those who have preached an end to life on the planet, a day of reckoning.

Sad but this is the truth.

Each generation have faced the same religious threats.

I believe it is a trick that humans play on each other to cause fear in their hearts and submission to their control.

Again each generation must endure these power tactics.

I have read alot of conspiracy theories and feel some have value. I do believe in this life it is necessary to be on guard against all efforts of others to enslave us.

If you have found some measure of freedom be happy about it. Generations past and millions now living have succumbed to the oldest fear.

Anewme

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

No. Not logically or intellectually.

My response when there is a thunderstorm indicates different emotionally.

CG

• apostawriter
    apostawriter

In the back of my mind, for 10 years after leaving the 'truth', Armageddon was hovering there. Not as a real event, but a creeping sense of guilt-inducing doom. I called them Armageddon Clouds.

Daniel www.dfmenow.blogspot.com

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

No, because I don't believe it's going to come, and if I'm wrong I'd have very little time to think about it anyway.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I know some d’f-jws who have been d’f many years ago and still believe in jwism. They don’t have the strength to go back and feel unworthy to stand with faithful jws. This is very sad, because when they see the news they fear Armageddon is coming any time and will destroy them.

When I left the org I wasn’t sure about many things and was afraid of “Satan’s” world. I still believed in some of the things I grow up with. But I left with a somewhat clean conscience and believed if the big-A comes I will not be put to death, because Jah knows I left for good reason. Soon after having some distance form the constant manipulation I realised that its is just an end-time-cult. fts

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

phenomenal opening post, tori. welcome to the board. :)

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yeah, I'm about as afraid of JW definition "Armageddon" as I am of being abducted by space aliens and anally probed. Can't hardly sleep at night.

The closest thing to Armageddon we really should be worried about is nuclear weapons being used by radical elements, the Islamic fascists or despotic dictatorships such as No Korea. The chaos resulting from a nuclear device being set off in a large city anywhere in the world, and the aftermath, would immediately and directly affect each and every one of us.

• lowden
    lowden

To me Armageddon and all other acts of mass genocidal destruction, mean that the killing of innocents will ALWAYS occur. Children and babies don't kow their minds. A religion that teaches such doctrines, or a god that perpetrates such acts is patently evil and i will not countenance either.

Peace

Lowden

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

When I was an active witness I was afraid that armageddon was going to come and I did not have enought time in field service.

Now that I am out, I do not worry.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I agree with Lowden re innocent little ones and that is the main thing that has put me off the troof - who wants to spend eternity with a load of people who can't wait for all the people and kiddies to ba slaughtered?!Although i am still worrying about armageddon sometimes as i'm only inactive at the moment, somedays i don't think of it at all and hopefully it will get easier when the jws don't keep saying if i leave i'll be killing my kids cos if i stay a jw but don't get through to new system they'll be killed anyway!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit