Are You Afraid That Armageddon Is Going To Come Since Leaving "The Truth"?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I don't worry about Armageddon the way JWs talk about it; sometimes I wonder what the future holds for the world as far as events in the Middle East and whether it has anything to do with the Bible--but as time goes on I think more often than not that man is going to destroy himself by his own hands.

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

I'm much more looking forward to our Lord's Second Coming, something the JWs have distorted by making it a secretive presence.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

No.

As a witness being reminded in every possible way shape and form of my unworthiness for never doing quite enough no matter how much I did, I feared it.

As a non witness, with the headspace to see this teaching for the fear-mongering mind control tactic it is, I do not fear it.

I'm even capable of playing "what if" and entertaining pplz theories of things like gods and armageddons and judgement days existing, without feeling any fear whatsoever of looking said god square in the eye and accepting whatever fate comes my way. :)

I've been through enough personal "armageddon's" in life, that I'm finally done with wasting energy doubting myself, my worth or my ability to survive.

Time to get on with life.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Not now, but after I left I was a bit scared. I felt that I would only be able to relax when there were no people around who had seen 1914.

As a poster said earlier the most likely damage to the Earth will be done by man himself, not by any God.

FF

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Im not going to live long enough to WORRY about every damn doom monger's idea of when the ENDDDDDD IS NEEEAAARRRRR....(echo echo echo) which is a huge waste of the ONLY life you are gonna get here.

And there is NO paradise if the only ones there are JWs. And...they claim that it will take 1000 YEARS to come to perfection while living there with ONLY JWs all that time. Shit....kill me now. All those pictures of smiling faces and cornucopias filled with fruit and kids coming up out of graves fully clothed with kingdom hall shoes running into the arms of their parents in suits and dresses with their hair combed into braids...jeeez louise.

How much further from REALITY can these people get? You'd be hard pressed to find 100 JWs who are happy NOW let alone 6 million of em in a world filled with carnage.

Nope....theres always something bad going on in the world...today is no different. Imagine living during the Dark Ages? Or having blood letting done on ya? Or having a C-section with no anesthesia? Or having your village destroyed by the Huns? Or or or ....its always something.

• tori
    tori

LOL funny you should ask. When I first left, it was hard - every so often, out of the blue, my heart would race, and I'd think, "What if they're right? Armageddon's soon, we know it, and then I'm gonna die...." I was able to function by using the crutch so many of us have used to get through that part - "Even if they're right, I don't care. Living life now, fully, is more worth it than living forever as a JW." But now I've done tons of research, and have found so much information I laugh at that scared feeling. Check it out:

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_articles/ryan_patrick_affnews12.html

Look at number 10 in particular. It's a normal reaction. We're human.

Also, what were we always taught about Armageddon? Most of it centered on Matthew chapter 24, right? Take a closer look at Matthew 24:21 (NWT) - "for then there there will be a great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, no, nor will occur again." Focus on the last phrase - "NO, NOR WILL OCCUR AGAIN." We've been taught that the prophecy by Jesus had its minor fulfillment in 71 CE and then its major fulfillment in a modern-day Armageddon. But the verbage in the prophecy itself contradicts that. Armageddon occurred for the Jews in 71 CE. There is no "major fulfilment." The "minor fulfilment" was the only thing foretold, because after that, it wouldn't occur again.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I purport to be an atheist, but I have a strong suspicion that the agnostics have the correct view. The universe is a wonderful place we can't explain. Being raised with a firm unshakeable beliefe in God may have forever twisted my thinking into wishing that there is a higher power. If there is, though, it's not the God described in the Bible. I pulled away from "the Truth" fully after becoming a parent. If God's our Father, why would he allow so much evil? The Witnesses have their explanation, but it doesn't satisfy me. No matter what, I don't let my children be seriously injured. Yeah, sure, kids gotta experience stuff - my four year old took a 15 foot leap from a tree last week, which scared the shit out of me, but I let him learn and experience for himself. However - if his sister tried to kill him, would I let it happen because of "free will"? F* No!!!!!!! I protect my kids. There is no heavenly Father as far as I'm concerned. Especially after all the hurt and pain I experienced in "His" organization here on Earth - we've all experienced horrible things and seen others who have too. If all that can happen in "God's Organization" God obviously isn't very organized or caring.

Okay, time to get off my soapbox, sorry for the soliloquy. However - to tie in my tirade with your question - despite all I've said, I do get that scared, pit of the stomach fear every so often of "what if?" It doesn't bother me anymore. I know it happens to those who've been brainwashed, and I have logic and evidence to back up my confidence that THE GB IS WRONG.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Never crosses my mind..........

• JH
    JH

I still believe in Armageddon. It's biblical

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am not afraid. When I left the borg, I made a conscious decision that I'd rather be dead than be a dub....and 18+ years later, I still feel the same way.

This is going to be a busy week for me because I am making a decision in the next few days that will change my everything.

Inquiring minds want to know..........

• south african beef
    south african beef

I must admit that even though I've been out of d troof for 4 years, when I hear something on the news that the Wittos could interpret as meaning the big A is near, I do get nervous.

But my wife Bubble just says that even if it were true there is no way she would want to live in paradise with all the morons from the cong.

I tend to agree with her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit