Are You Afraid That Armageddon Is Going To Come Since Leaving "The Truth"?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not but I bet that there are some that quiety worry about it.....What about you??

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm not.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Once upon a time

not now.

This is going to be a busy week for me because I am making a decision in the next few days that will change my everything.

After that I just don't care.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I don't worry about Jesus-Michael and the angelic hordes killing everybody except JW's.

I do worry about global warming, terrorism, bird flu, economic collapse, pollution, Christo-fascist totalitarianism, etc....

• blondie
    blondie

No.........

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

no, because if it happens its not happening the way the JW's say it will.

• vitty
    vitty

I stopped going to meetings over 2 years ago ( I think that was the quickest 2 years of my life) At first I had terrible nightmares and on and off through the day id worry about it, but the more your get emersed into the real life, the more you realize it aint going to come.

And even if it did, there is no way id want to live in a new system with only JWs for company and that IS the truth

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I know SO much more about the origins of millennial apocalypticism now than I ever knew when I was an active Dub more than 30 years ago. The JWs presented it as a recent revelation given to Charles Taze Russell - they covered over and denied the fact that this misology has been cooking for 2,000 years.

Armageddon is the vicious pipe-dream of self-righteous judgemental zealots who hated the world. It never was true, it never will be true. The pipe is charged with the opium of the masses, religion - a snare and a racket if ever there was one. This "opium" also produces a damn fine income stream, as Joseph Franklin Rutherford discovered.

Man may or may not destroy himself but whatever happens, there will be no divine intervention. We are on our own, kiddies.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I might have twitched over a disaster on the news, much in the way your knee jerks when its tapped in a certain way, but now the conditioning has long gone I realise Armageddon isnt coming, it was just the fear instilled in us to keep a good (and active) dub.

CS 101

• Warlock
    Warlock

Not afraid, but I wonder how some of those who are still active are going to be saved. Maybe all of us will live through it and be put in charge.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit