"Giving Your Wifely Due"

by love2Bworldly 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Arthur
    Arthur

Did any of your husbands begin to look like this in the bedroom?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Sorry guys slightly off topic, but as a new Jedi Master I feel someone should step in and help out the newbie.

Meems1000 asks:

why was that again they had to put a tissue or napkin on their heads when they prayed? i've forgotten, it's been soooooo long!
    You see, if your husband or another human with dangly bits isn't around when you pray with others listening, you can transfer headship to an inanimate item, such as a tissue, napkin, dishcloth or doily. hope that helps....and welcome. I don't remember why either, I just wanted to welcome you. Ok back to the topic.... lisa
  • Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Back on the topic of wifely due:

I'd like to propose that we have a minute's silence in sympathy for Amy Geddon.

She's been due to come for over a hundred years, but hasn't managed it yet.

(Sorry if this is offensive, but I've warned you before I'm bad association, haven't I?)

• done4good
    done4good

Actually, I know of situations where JCs were formed just BECAUSE a separated couple had sex during the time they were separted. The BoE (or society???, don't know if this is organizationally done or not), consider the couple essentially not married during the period of separation. This really makes one see how twisted things can get, once a religion begins to make issues such as this a matter of legalism.

j

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I hate the term "wifely due" as well. It implies that a woman is doing a man some sort of favour by having sex with him. Nothing is more of a turn off to me than a woman who thinks she's doing me a favour. I'd rather eat liver than be anywhere near someone like that.

W

• mama1119
    mama1119

I totally forgot about the napkin on head...how weird, I remember my Mom doing that. I m going to remind her...I'll bet she'll get prettty ticked off if she remembers!!!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I've seen them use a diaper, unfortunately it was empty, to cover their head!!

Now back to the subject. My mom, after many years, refused to even sleep with my stepdad. I remember arguments over his "wifely due".

Reading this now it sounds so stupid!!

I needed this laugh today!

SHELLEY

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Did anyone actually get to the "except by mutual consent" stage?

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

All this talk about marriage "chores" reminded me of this dialogue from the movie "Night of the Hunter" (which was made back in the '50s!)

An older woman in the town is giving advice to young, widowed Shelley Winters:

[about sex in marriage]" A woman's a fool to marry for that. That's somethin' for a man. The Good Lord never meant for a decent woman to want that. Not really want it. It's all just a fake and a pipe dream. When you've been married to a man for forty years you know all that don't amount to a hill of beans. I've been married to Walt that long and I swear in all that time I just lie there thinkin' about my canning. "

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    I'd like to propose that we have a minute's silence in sympathy for Amy Geddon.

She's been due to come for over a hundred years, but hasn't managed it yet.

ROFL ROFL!

I bought a fridge magnet that said "I havent had sex for so long Ive forgotton who gets tied up"

When I was a dub it was really hard to manage my wifely due. But since I left and got divorced ive found it suprisingly easy to render it all over the place! (minor detail - im not a wife anymore)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit