"Giving Your Wifely Due"

by love2Bworldly 49 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

arthur,

How did you get that picture of me??????

JUST DUE IT !!!!

DUE THE DUE !!!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

There was this joke about a guy looking for sex. Have you seen sex, I can't find sex, do you know where sex is? I'm offering $100 to anyone who can help me find sex. It turns out that sex is the name of his dog.

Mutual compatibility, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Blueblades

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

"Did anyone hate that expression as much as I did? My husband and I are separated right now,.."

Errm anyone see a connection here? LOL

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Husbandly owner and wifely due are just expressions created to suppress women. They have been used since Paul's day to keep women in a subservient role.

It's pathetic and silly and still a common way of suppressing the female gender. As a witness I never bought it or came across many women who accepted it. I'm ashamed to have had any association with the misogynist pricks that designed and promoted such loaded oppressive language.

unc taking a submissionary position.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Many women and men have different drives and most times the women is the lesser on e in this scenario.

What a load of crap! Talk to women and you'll find many aren't getting enough sex. I know it's this way with some of my girlfriends. It's now the men getting "headaches", "not again, we just did it last night",or my favourite that I've heard is - "I'm not a machine" are common excuses.

One time we were camping with a group of couples and around the campfire the guys were talking about not getting enough sex (I was the only woman there by that time). While hubby didn't have that complaint he was right there laughing etc with them all. I made a challenge to see who would be the first to say "enough". By the third night he was crying uncle.

BB

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

If either mate is not willing to have sex when the other wants it, and repeadedly is not willing then they shouldn't complain when the other goes outside the relationship to get it. I think to deny sex to ones mate and forbid them to engage in sex with others is not a good thing, and they have only themselves to blame when they find out the other has been unfaithful.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

"You see, if your husband or another human with dangly bits isn't around when you pray with others listening, you can transfer headship to an inanimate item, such as a tissue, napkin, dishcloth or doily." Lisa--OMG I was cracking up so hard! That is absolutely hysterical! Thanks for all your comments--I knew this would end up being a thread that would give me the giggles. You guys have an awesome sense of humor! By the way--I was a little surprised at all the comments made that JWs were NOT supposed to have sex when they were separated. Once when I was separated from my nonJW spouse, the elders told me that even if it was 3:00am and my husband knocked on my door staggering drunk--I was to let him in and let him do whatever he wants to me. Oh that really made me feel so humiliated!

• Brigid
    Brigid

Don't know if this has been covered but the one I absolutely hated and still do though it continues to haunt my hard-drive in a subconscious way is: Husbandly Owner

However, so supplanted has this been into my psyche that it has taken me years to override. I also remember being terrified as a little girl of hearing experiences wherein women (sisters) were subjected to years of brutal abuse, but by just "waiting on Jehovah", being meek, subservient, having his meals cooked properly and on time, they turned "him" around. It is very clear that women have very little value to this patriarchal biblegod, and yet we were continually admonished to love him with our whole hearts...souls....minds...

~Brigid

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

I agree with Finally-Free...that term "due" makes it seem like the wife is "doing" you a big favor. My wife tells me all the time that when I do x, y and z then she feels better about "giving" me sex. I thought that sex was supposed to be about interchange..both giving and receiving? Whoops, my bad, that exists only in marriages that are based on true love and are not controlled by a cult!

EC

• Fleur
    Fleur

LadyLee said:

I know exactly what they were talking about - just one dirty job to do.

Sure am glad I learned different later on

Amen to that girl! Ain't it the truth?

to paraphrase my favorite pirate: "The only rules that really matter are these: what a (wo)man can due, and what a (wo)man can't due." ;)

I couldn't stand to due anything for the creep anymore, so I divorced him!!! I wanted to take a shower every time he looked at me before the end of the road. I can't believe I stood it all that long.

Now I never even think about who is supposed to be getting what from whom just how much fun it is to try to figure it out! lol

~essie p.s. welcome enlightenedcynic, LOVE the avatar!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit