"Giving Your Wifely Due"

by love2Bworldly 49 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Did anyone hate that expression as much as I did? My husband and I are separated right now, and my JW sister reminded me on the phone the other day to make sure I gave him 'his wifely due'. That expression makes me want to barf. If I don't feel like having sex with my husband, then I'm not going to!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I thought the WT position was that if a couple separated, then had sex, that was considered forgiveness and they had to get back together again. This may only apply to a situation involving adultery, though.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Well I the kind of guy who takes up the "'due' unto others...." motto. So, I appreciate my wife's' wifely due and reciprocate.

steve

• meems1000
    meems1000

that phrase is one of the worst. it makes a woman sound like she's property that he bought.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I hated it too. i like, "getting it on". woo-hoo!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Oh, I HATED that expression. What about my due? Don't women have needs too? It does make it seem like women are property used to service the men. Disgusting, I say. But what do you expect when the WT leaders are old perverted men?

• meems1000
    meems1000

the old perverts probably had to come up with that phrase since their wives wouldn't give them their 'due' unless they forced themselves on their wives!

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Ya- that terms makes it sound like a chore or work...and who wants to 'work' if they don't have to. I think they (WTBS) calls it that just so married witness couples start to think of it as a chore.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

i always considered it "quid pro quo" as a marital due not gender specific

• choosing life
    choosing life

I always hated that expression too. It is so demeaning. But what can you expect from a male dominated society like the watchtower that thinks women can't speak in front of the congregation and are only there to do the work the brothers don't want to do. And then there's this ridiculous idea of wearing something on your head shows some kind of honor to men. I've seen them wear kleenex on their heads. How blatantly insane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit