thinkin of goin back

by searching4truth 46 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Adios, sucker!

• Brigid
    Brigid

Personally, there is nothing I could imagine that could make me return. Therefore, I have a visceral reaction much like posters above me--NO, DON'T GO!! However, having said that, I realize that each must walk their path no matter where it takes them. Only you live in your skin, see your world through your eyes and all I can say is good luck with whatever decision you make. We will be here for you when you need to "talk".

Love and Light (yer gonna need it lol!!)

~Brigid

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    Adios, sucker!

Thanks so much Bee. Your compassion just comes through so loud and clear. Wow, you're such an amazing woman. How I aspire to be like you when I get to be a big boy

• willyloman
    willyloman

So far, the advice seems to fall into two camps: don't do it, and just do it.

The best advice you've been given here is to follow your own path. I know countless dubs who were df'd and then sucked it up and went back just to regain some semblance of a relationship with their family. Once reinstated, they pretty much disappeared but they got to keep their family ties, even if some family members were constantly on their case about "doing more." The truth is, many, MANY dub families don't give a rat's patooty how active you are, they just cannot abide you being df'd (or worse, DA'd).

It's not up to me to tell you how much crap you should take to keep your family ties intact. That, dear brother, is your call. My only advice is, whatever you do, keep studying the "truth about the truth" and learn to be your own authentic self. In time, you'll taste freedom and will never be the same again. And that should be your ultimate goal.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Wow, you're such an amazing woman. How I aspire to be like you when I get to be a big boy

CHL: You aspire to be an amazing woman? Good luck - this kind of incisive wit does not just happen overnight. Nor does the gender change.

Look, if someone wants to go back to the organization, I say let them go. Shoot, I didn't write that scripture about a dog returning to its vomit. Jehoober did.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

both my wife and i have already come to the conclusion that even if we go back we no longer answer to the elders we serve god on our own with our own interpretation of his will not theirs or the gb. if i would have known a year ago what i know now i wouldnt have felt the need to confess and therefore wouldntbe df i do not intend on abiding by the rules or "current understanding" if it conflicts with my understanding

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If making God happy makes me happy, is there a problem with that, saki2fifty?

I simply quit trying to make an earthly organization happy. I cut out the middle-management bureaucrats (autocrats?) who had never been hired by God to do the job they were doing. I became convinced that making those self-appointed middle-managers happy was not making God happy.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

weird

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty
    Jehoober did

Man... watch out for that lightning bolt. It has your name on it.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    watch out for that lightning bolt. It has your name on it.

Been 20 years and still waitin for mine

But I guess it's between me and the big J is it not?

;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit