Fluff a dub: Brushes with Fame?

by Crumpet 52 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I am from NY and went to school with many famous people family members and thus met some of them:

Met Tony Danza thru his little cousin - Tony is a really GREAT guy, very down to earth.

Met the Stallone clan including sylvester - his family owns a restaurant in Queens NY.

Met Scott Baio thru his cousin Anthony - I went to school with him

Met Ralph Macchio soon after his Karate Kid days because my cousin lived on Long Island and went to school with Ralph's girlfriend, now his wife.

The nicest were Tony and Ralph. Scott and Syvester both very conceited and looked down on me like why would I even give you the time of day?

BTW - my dad grew up in Brooklyn with Robert De Niro

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I'm sure I've forgotten more than I remember, but here's a few:

Paul Sorvino - I used to babysit his daughters Mira and Amanda

Mira Sorvino (Actress) - (See Above)

George Benson

Michael Jackson

Rebbie Jackson

Phil Volk (of Paul Revere and the Raiders) - He was in my parents' cong. I went to his daughters' wedding in Vegas.

Peggy Fleming (1968 Olympic Ice Figure Skater)

Donovan (60's Mellow Yellow Singer) - former neighbor of mine

Gary Richrath (REO Speedwagon) - former neighbor of mine

Heather Locklear - ran into her twice in one week at two different Mexican Restaurants

A Martinez (LA Law) - seated at adjoining table in restaurant

Through Work I've met many but can't remember everyone: Edan Gross (Northern Exposure and numerous TV & Screen Films); Jimmy Callahan (Dozens of TV shows); Linda Hamilton (Terminator); Josh Byrne (Step By Step); Larry Wilcox (CoStar of CHiPs); Barry Williams (Greg from The Brady Bunch); Anne Murray (Canadian Singer); Eric Scott ('Ben' on 'The Waltons'); Couple of famous models from the 70's - can see their faces but can't remember their names.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

John Travalta changed my dad's tires before he was famous and went to school with a friend of mine from my first congregation.

Does that count or is it just a distant glimpse at an image that never really occurred since I never actually saw him???

-Aude.

Two more - Thru mutual friends: Kenny Nolan (Songwriter: Disco Tex's "Get Dancing," LaBelle's "Lady Marmalade," and Frankie Valli's "My Eyes Adored You." He also wrote and sang: "I Like Dreamin'") Took a class with one of the guys from Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods ("Billy, Don't Be A Hero"). OK I'm grasping now and should stop. Good night, everyone. -Aude.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I've also seen Lou Diamond Phillips while they were filming Young Guns II. I got to stand right next to him and I was really impressed at how tall and beautiful he was in person.

Oh, he's plenty beautiful on the screen.

John McEuen of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. When I was 15, way back in 74 before they got corny, he jumped over my head at the Great Southeast Music Hall in Atlanta. You sat on the floor there. I was sitting in the aisle. The band was coming back from break when he sailed over my head.

I wrote him an e-mail about it and he started writing e-mails back to me. I have him on my aol buddy list. I don't IM him though. I just know when he signs on and off.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

lovelylil...Danza, Baio, Stallone, Macchio, De Niro...So was that Little Italy you grew up in?

My dad knew Michael Landon during the Bonanza days in the '60s (he lived in Hollywood). Apparently, according to my dad, he treated his mother rather poorly. I remember countless times while watching Little House on the Prairie that he would yell back to the TV "What a hypocrite" whenever Charles Ingells is teaching his children about family values... Kinda spoiled the show a bit...lol

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Leo, you make me laugh, you write of your personal life in the same way that you present theological research.

Encounters with the Governing body dont count - unless really interesting! ie if a GB member served on your judicial!

Damn Crumpet, the most famous person I know is Geoff Jackson, his family were close friends down in Tassie, and I spoke to him at my very last DC.

I waitered on George Benson when he came to Aust Bethel with his bouncers and limo.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

When I was a kid I was at the same assembly as Michael Jackson, Met Phil Driscoll(Christian Trumpet Player), was at KFC in Fife,WA and some famous Hip Hop/Rapper types(forgot their name, but any kid would know) were eating there (doing a concert at the Tacoma Dome last summer)Debbie Macomber 2x(author), Met Maureen Reagan(R. Reagans daughter). Hmm. Not too impressive. I do live one county away from Bill Gates. . .does that count for anything? shelly

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

So, Richard Petty,

If somebody mentions the "sport of Kings"...and you immediately think of Richard Petty...you might be a redneck!

And, if you see a picture of Richard Petty and you recognize him before you read the caption...you shure as h*ll are...

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

I witnessed to Dave Gahan, lead singer of Depeche Mode once when he was stupid enough to open his door while I was out on FS. He was going to shut the door on the Elder I was with but i stepped in and turned the conversation around and we ended up talking about spirit creatures.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i know all the members of 'the irony' personally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit