Fluff a dub: Brushes with Fame?

by Crumpet 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

So who have you met who is famous or slightly famous and under what circumstances?

(for the benefit of cross atlantic variations in celebrity - attach a pic and/or explanation of who that celeb is)

Or have you never met anyone even slightly famous but have aspirations to do so!

Encounters with the Governing body dont count - unless really interesting! ie if a GB member served on your judicial!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

1. My favorite cousin was married to the sister of Vanity aka Denise Mattthews.

2. On my first date with my husband I met Micheal Cooper of Con Funk Shun and a singer with a minor hit at the time Samuelle.

3. Also met Dawn Robinson (Original member of EnVogue) at a party.

The last three I met through my husband, he's worked with them and other people in the entertainment biz.

Josie

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I went to Penn State for 4 years and I met two huge celebrities and some other minor ones which I won't mention.

I was Allen Iverson's waiter twice because the 76ers use Penn State as their training camp. (He tips well)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also met the greatest college football coach of all time which was a huge deal.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Both celebs were pretty nice.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No one, recently.

NBA Players-Alan Houston, Jaren Jackson (former?)

On separate occassions, I've been next to Busta Rhymes (rapper) and R.Kelly (singer/alleged pedophile) but didn't speak to them.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I met Vince Neil at a motorcycle show. I think he was pretty much to high/stoned/drunk to know where he was. Also I see David Lowery around town abit.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I was working at a Wendy's restaurant when the "New Kids On the Block" were in town. I wasn't a fan, but they were definitely famous.

They all ordered the "Super Bar", a Wendy's menu staple at the time, as their screaming fans were held at bay by large bodyguards. It was surreal hearing "fandemonium" in a fast-food restaurant.

The weirdest part was the way the fans behaved after the New Kids left the restaurant. They dug through the waste and found spoons to suck on, plates to lick and hug, napkins to wipe onto their faces. It was like watching people possessed. I was laughing my head off (I was rather thin at the time, didn't have enough of an ass to risk laughing it off).

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

AuldSoul,

I would've been one of those girls!

• elliej
    elliej

I met Homer Simpson (Dan Castelanetta) at a wedding. A relative of mine is related to him through her marriage. He is a very, very funny man.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

I played pool with David Arquette once. Edit: Forgot to say who that is for those that dont know. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000274/ - He's an actor.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    On separate occassions, I've been next to Busta Rhymes (rapper) and R.Kelly (singer/alleged pedophile) but didn't speak to them.

Ah playing the aloof card again lonelysheep!

I loved New kids on the Block Auld Soul - you've got the right stuff!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit