Fluff a dub: Brushes with Fame?

by Crumpet 52 Replies latest jw friends

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I've met Avid Merrrion aka Leigh Francis. I used to work with his sister in law and he dropped in on a night out we'd arranged. Nice guy and not as mental as you might expect.

Avid Merrion

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I met the entire cast of "The Young Riders" when I was an extra on the show for a couple of years. The nicest and my favorite one was Stephen Baldwin.

This was me in costume with my mom and little brother on the set

I've also seen Lou Diamond Phillips while they were filming Young Guns II. I got to stand right next to him and I was really impressed at how tall and beautiful he was in person.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

At my first job at SeaWorld, I shook hands with Rickey Henderson. I saw Rob Lowe and Niecy Nash (from Reno 911!) but didn't get a chance to say hi to them.

And if you're a fan of Niecy, let me tell you...I couldn't take my mind off that badonkadonk for the rest of the day!!

• juni
    juni

While out to dinner w/my daughter and son-in-law on their anniversary, we found ourselves seated next to Tommy Thompson and his family.

He signed their anniversary card that I gave them w/a nice message.

Who is he you may ask? Former Governor of Wisconsin and was Secretary of Health and Human Services under Bush for his first term. Then he got out of Dodge by choice. Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Now no one start up a Bush hate speech. Thank you very much.

Juni

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I got to meet all the guys from Nsync when they first came out.

And last year got to party a bit with Joe Nichols. (did i spell that right?) lmao The pic of me is horrible, but oh well!

img359/6933/joe123he5.jpg

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I sat behind Richard and Judy on a flight from Manchester to London. Richard has beautiful hair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_&_Judy

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Ted Kennedy senator (introduction | hand shake), Michael Dukakis politician (introduction | mutual wave), Kim Clijsters tennis player (autograph 2x), Noam Chomsky political scientist (met in elevator), Vint Cerf father of internet (had dinner 2x | shared limo | spent day with wife | photo), Marc Thorpe creator of Robot Wars (met many times | photo), Will Wright creator of The Sims (went to party | photo), David Baltimore Nobel laureate (met | shook hands), Daniel Inouye senator (shook hands), Jimmy Shaw lead guitarist for Metric and musician for Broken Social Scene (conversation 2x | hug | photo), Michael Shermer author (conversation), that's all I can think of...no Hollywood celebs or anything, just normal regular people and politicians.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I've met Weird Al, at the Hollywood Rosevelt Hotel

Tracy Gold (from that t.v show Growing Pains) at the Norton Simon Museum

Bobcat Goldthwait, Jimmy Kimmel and Uncle Sal, at the Jimmey Kimmel TV show

I like to go to TV show tapings, but I don't like to go up to famous people and bug them.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I have no idea who most of the people listed are............

Leolaia: You move in lofty circles!

I forgot I have met someone really famous: SIMON!!

• forsharry
    forsharry

My husband tutored Michael Vick (Atlanta Falcon Head Quarterback) his senior year of high school for english...oh he also went to school with Mike, the sentence sorta looks ambiguous.

He also met Jack Hannah (the animal guy) while at work...even got a signed autograph from him. (I walked past Jack as he was leaving with his crew to go see said husband) :)

I flew on a plane with Joe Montana...he's not very tall by the way.

I served coffee to Trent Reznor and John Goodman when I lived in New Orleans. Trent was very social, nice...John Goodman was a bit of a bastrd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit