Another Deceitful Tactic by the WTBTS.

by gumby 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

As most informed Jehovah's Witnesses know, the WTBTS is very good at painting a pretty picture of themselves by cleverly wording things to outsiders, yet not revealing the specifics of their beliefs.

Below is an example from their official website regarding whether or not they Shun members who choose to leave them. They do not tell the public of the interogation they impose on members who wish to quietly leave ( FADE ).

Notice they mention how they are more than happy to restore those who exit, but fail to mention the TYPES of questions they ask to those who leave them.

While they admit they shun those who verbally express they no longer wish to be a Jehovahs Witness, they do not tell the public they coerce that very statement from those who try to leave peacefully and quietly.

Quote:

Do you shun former members?

Those who become inactive in the congregation, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, special effort is made to reach out to them and rekindle their spiritual interest. If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkenness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers. Every effort is made to help wrongdoers. But if they are unrepentant, the congregation needs to be protected from their influence. The Bible clearly states: 'Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.' (1 Corinthians 5:13) Those who formally say they do not want to be part of the organization any more are also avoided. ( end quote)

Any who have tried to peacefully and quietly leave them because they cannot in their heart believe they have the "truth" any longer and are then visited by Elders who call on them to ask of their wherabouts, know they are in many cases asked these types of questions, ................" Why have you chose not to come to the meetings any longer? Do you still believe this is Jehovahs true Organisation"?

Unless the witness lies or decietfully comes back with some vague answer, they will in a short time be announced as "No longer one of Jehovahs Witnesses" and will then be shunned by all other Jehovahs Witnesses.....family included.

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary
    If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkenness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers.

Hmmm....interesting that they fail to mention what happens when you tell them you don't believe Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 or that the Governing Body members were appointed by God as the Faithful Slave in 1919. Nor do they mention that simple things that normal people enjoy such as a birthday party, celebrating Christmas or Easter, donating blood or buying a lottery ticket are all grounds for them to cut you off from family and friends without a backwards glance or second thought.

I'm sure it was just an oversight on their part.

• Warlock
    Warlock

First of all, it's nice to see you, Mr. Gumboni.

Now, "special effort is made to reach out to" inactive ones????????!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!

Special effort is made to avoid such ones. They couldn't care less, unless, of course, there is a rumor of "wrongdoing" on the part of those inactive ones. Then the elders will trip over themselves in their haste to visit.

Warlock (the angry one)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yeah, that "special effort" part almost made me puke. When I stopped going to the kh, a couple of "shepherds" called on me without phoning ahead, and tried to grill me about what I was doing and who I was associating with. There was nothing kind or loving about their attitude, they were just fishing for an excuse for a jc.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

If they was making a special effort to reach out to inactive ones, why hasn't any Elder made his way to my home. I left 6 years ago. I've lived in the same home for 10 years. A JW is my neighbor. They are at that home all the time because the person who lives there is elderly. All they have to do is walk across my yard and knock on the door. Some special effort...

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

You've nailed it on the head. When I thought I was finally able to fade away, the elders were on my case with their "sheperding calls", all the time probing me as to whether I still believed it was "God's Organization". You have to avoid giving those interrogators the answer they want to hear to form a JC. You have to come up with other plausible reasons for the absence. I blamed it on economic problems (which I really had and have), but then I had to go to meetings every now and again just to stop the interrogations.

I'm in a particularly bad rut now (and have been for about a year and a bit) and am greatly indebted to my parents for alot of help. have to keep going to these meetings now and again to avoid the kangaroo court and being DF'ed. That would be a terible slap in the face to my folks who've been really wonderful to me.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Gumbus,

:Any who have tried to peacefully and quietly leave them because they cannot in their heart believe they have the "truth" any longer and are then visited by Elders who call on them to ask of their wherabouts, know they are in many cases asked these types of questions, ................" Why have you chose not to come to the meetings any longer? Do you still believe this is Jehovahs true Organisation"?

I had two of those nutsacks call on me, not because they cared about my meatin' attendance. They wuz more worried about the American Flag in my yard that came with my newly purchased homestead. Long story short is I told one of the nutsacks he had big gonads for the unannounced surprised visit.(Typical of Saturday morning nutsacks) By the look on his face, I could tell he didn't like that, especially cuz he had another nutsack with him who was in "nutsack training pants." His gonads were even bigger in that he didn't/doesn't even know who the hell Dismembered is. Imagine that. Watchtower sending a green nutsack here for training.

Anyway without correspondence from those two. An announcement was made behind my back. That I was no longer one of blah blah blah. Here's where it gets interesting. All those who knew me have been using the term disfellowshipped. There's no difference. Sall the same. Dear Gumbrother I'd like to order some of the grittiest polish you have. They be a bleedin' when I'm done.

Dismembered

• freedom96
    freedom96

With the WTS, there is no graceful exit.

• Honesty
    Honesty

When I thought I was fading away, the elders were at my door at 8 A.M. on a Saturday with, "We are not policemen, but it has come to our attention..." and, "Do you believe Jehovah is using the Faithful Slave to feed his people, today?"

• mouthy
    mouthy

I see the resurrection has began??First Gumby then Mary!!!!!
    Wonders never cease..... Now all we need is the old timers like Russell there are a few questions I am going to ask that fellow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit