Another Deceitful Tactic by the WTBTS.

by gumby 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• juni
    juni

Good evening Grace! It's so good to see you stopped in for a visit.

Juni

Mary, hi! I heard you visited one of Australia's beaches? Aren't they beautiful?

Gumby! What a delightful Topic. I so miss their love and keeping the leaven out. Didn't know you were Elder Gumby. WoW! Were you ever on a JC? OldFlame, hi. I agree with you completely. If they were up front, there would be a lot less getting involved.

Juni

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good evening Grace! It's so good to see you stopped in for a visit.

Juni (((HUGS))) this place is hard to leave cos I love ya all (((HUGS JUNI) ( yes & Gumby!!!! & everyone else on here

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

they dont shunn people who drift away?

Bull Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• gumby
    gumby

Hey OldFlame, your avatar pic is the best pic I've ever seen of you ya ugly bastard!

Your right buddy...if bible studies knew half of the teachings of the witnesses BEFORE they got baptised, there would be less baptisms. How much info can a study learn in just 6 months for god sake?

Juni,

Were you ever on a JC?

Several, and I regret I was ever on any of them as the guidlines we had to abide by and believed in were certaily not the christian way of handling the flock.....not even close.

*kisses my granny*

Gumby

• sspo
    sspo

they dont shunn people who drift away?

My wife who is very active witness has shunned her mother for the last 10 years because she stopped attending the meetings.

Also her sister that grew up in the truth but never got baptized also is shunned.That's what fries me, rejecting your mother because she does not want to go to the kingdom hall.

Yes and they go around knocking on doors to show their love for people and to bring others in this loving organization.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Personally, I find that some shun me (or mark me) while others say hello when they see me. I don't really care if they want to talk to me anyway because they weren't my friends even when I was quite active in the congregation. I don't miss them at all. Since I left, I have joined several different non religious groups and started making more friends and have a busier social life. I only miss maybe one or two jdubs a little but my close friends in the jdubs have exited as well. (we all read CoC and some other books and some are members on this forum) Funny thing is we are all inactive, none df'ed although I am sure we would all be df'ed pronto if we were discovered.

• gumby
    gumby

sspo,

My wife who is very active witness has shunned her mother for the last 10 years because she stopped attending the meetings.

There is no written guidlines from the WTBTS to shun any who simply quit attending meetings. Some witnesses do this on their own accord, but not all witnesses behave this way. Usually if a witness quits attending meetings but no action against them has been taken, they are simply viewd as spiritually sick or weak and treated differently than when they attended.....such as not invited to gatherings, visited by fellow witnesses, called on the phone, etc.

Some witnesses simply make up their own rules based on an even more fanatical personal viewpoint than the WTBTS itself encourages them to be.

Gumby

• atypical
    atypical

You are right, Gumby, that is extremely deceitful. The truth is that they will not let you leave with any shred of dignity if they can help it. I wonder what it would be like if they told the truth:

"Once baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you will be free to leave at any time. Of course, there will be no good reason for you to leave, and if you do we will make everyone think that you are a dirty, immoral, slug who cannot live up to our high standards. If you try to defend yourself by questioning our organization, we will lable you an apostate and make sure that even your own family is too uncomfortable to have a meaningful conversation with you. But, like we said, there will be no good reason to leave, so you shouldn't have to worry about it."

• gumby
    gumby

atypical....spot on

They got ya by the balls no matter how you slice it.

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumprophet said: Usually if a witness quits attending meetings but no action against them has been taken, they are simply viewd as spiritually sick or weak and treated differently than when they attended.....such as not invited to gatherings, visited by fellow witnesses, called on the phone, etc.

You wanna here something very surprising? I was invited to a Dub BBQ last Saturday!!! I didn't go, because I'm pretty sure it was just a ploy to get me to go back to the Kingdumb Hell and I'm not going back. Still, I was really surprised to get the invite in the mail.....

j uni said: Mary, hi! I heard you visited one of Australia's beaches? Aren't they beautiful?
    I did? *Mary scratches her head wondering if she's got Alzheimers* When did I do that?? Has Unciebruce bin spreading apostate lies about me again??!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit