Another Deceitful Tactic by the WTBTS.

by gumby 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avengers
    avengers
    Now, "special effort is made to reach out to" inactive ones????????!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!

Special effort is made to avoid such ones. They couldn't care less, unless, of course, there is a rumor of "wrongdoing" on the part of those inactive ones. Then the elders will trip over themselves in their haste to visit.

So right, so right.
    So sad, so sad.

• Warlock
    Warlock

First Gumby then Mary!!!!!

Then............................MOUTHY!

Warlock

• mouthy
    mouthy

And contrary to the Watchtower thoughts you didnt have to stand by my grave for MY resurrection ( smile

• gumby
    gumby

Granny!,.......so nice to see your pretty face my sweet grandma.

Mary,

Hmmm....interesting that they fail to mention what happens when you tell them you don't believe Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 or that the Governing Body members were appointed by God as the Faithful Slave in 1919

How true. They only explain this to publishers in their literature realising the general public will never see this.

Warlord-lock bastard,

Special effort is made to avoid such ones. They couldn't care less, unless, of course, there is a rumor of "wrongdoing" on the part of those inactive ones. Then the elders will trip over themselves in their haste to visit.

It wasn't always this way. When I was an Elder, we were encouraged to make a list of all inactive ones and to be sure to sheperd them at LEAST once a year. The CO's even had an assignment from the society to emphasize this at all Elders meeting on our Friday night Elders meeting when he visited. We all applied it for awhile till the newness wore off.

To all others who responded...I have a question for you

Many of you said you were asked by the elders 'who you were asscociating with', and did you believe this was God's org' etc.

My question is.....did they have A REASON for asking you this ....such as seeing you doing something anti-dublike, or hanging with wordly people.....OR did they just ask this out of the blue?

I'm wondering because I don't know if an apostate paranoia now exists amound them.I've been away a long time now.

Gumby....btw...., dismembered is a big ol nutsack and he deserves to be disfellowshipped.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    My question is.....did they have A REASON for asking you this ....such as seeing you doing something anti-dublike, or hanging with wordly people.....OR did they just ask this out of the blue?

2 "members" of the congregation saw me hug my psycho-threapist (she was also a 22 year-old colleg educated pastor's wife who lead me to the real Jesus. No wonder the WT warns against getting professional mental health) at Mickey Dee's one morning and dimed me out to the Gestapo. I told them, "Yeah, I hugged her. She is helping me cope with a huge problem." I just didn't tell them the Watchtower Society was the huge problem.

The loyalty question came after I confronted them with the UN/NGO, Bulgaria, and said, " I feel it is very appropriate to pray to and worship Jesus."

Needless to say, I was announced as 'out' 2 days later at the end of the Announcements during the TMS/SM double-dipping Jdub sales seminar.

• heathen
    heathen

They even deny the word shun like it only applies to the amish . My websters says it means to avoid deliberately or evade . That is exactly what they do to people marked as bad association even , you don't even have to be a friggen member to get that status , Just study for a couple of months and start voicing your opinion that contradicts the almighty WTBTS and presto you will see people walking to the opposite side of the room ignoring you . I know I was being ratted out by somebody that remained annonymous . Was never even baptized nor swore an oath of loyalty to the borg. They are as slick as an ambulance chasing lawyer .

• lowden
    lowden

Liars and DAMN liars

When i was DFed they didn't try one bit to save me, they just wanted me out!

Their warped rules are so twisted and convoluted that they don't know arse from head.

Dismembered you're a very funny guy.

Peace

Lowden

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If I were uninformed and read this

If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkenness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped .................Those who formally say they do not want to be part of the organization any more are also avoided. ( end quote)

I could get the impression that witnesses shun the d/f'd wrongdoer, but simply avoid those who have formally resigned from the Org. That would be a gross distortion of the truth. Have standards slipped since the WT stated this in 1953 p191?

Selfish men, in an effort to appear righteous or because of realizing that they cannot get away with out-and-out falsehoods or lies, resort to half-or part-truths or understatements to give a false impression. However, their ulterior motives prompting them to such a course, and the resultant blinding of the people to their own best interests, make such purveyors of half-truths as guilty in the sight of God as if they had uttered out-and-out lies.

• gumby
    gumby
    If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkenness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped .................Those who formally say they do not want to be part of the organization any more are also avoided. ( end quote)

I could get the impression that witnesses shun the d/f'd wrongdoer, but simply avoid those who have formally resigned from the Org.

Howdy BB....always a pleasure to hear from you.

'Avoid' vs. 'shun', its all the same thing isn't it?

You have demonstrated exactly what i'm talking about.

Their public website is deceitful in wording this the way they do. Instead of saying "one who is disasscociated is to be treated the same as one who is disfellowshipped", they simply use the word "avoided" towards any who formally "leave" the organisation. What the hell does "formally mean anyway? We know what it means, but the public is clueless. It's just another way of watering down their twisted way of handling disenters in the publics eye.

I will give them this,...... at least they admit on their website that they DO INDEED avoid those who (formally)leave their Organisation. My guess is they were forced to say this by reason of legal matters, but were it not for this reason, they would have chosen to leave that sentence out of their website. I'd bet money on it.

Gumby

• oldflame
    oldflame

Now that I think about this and reflect on the past I do not ever remember anyone telling me about all these things when I was studying with them. It also never came to mind to ask either . I am sure there is a reason for not sharing what will happen to you IF ? Because if they did more people would probably not join.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit