Another Deceitful Tactic by the WTBTS.

by gumby 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Many of you said you were asked by the elders 'who you were asscociating with', and did you believe this was God's org' etc.

My question is.....did they have A REASON for asking you this ....such as seeing you doing something anti-dublike, or hanging with wordly people.....OR did they just ask this out of the blue?

When hubby and I were asked questions about the "org" it was totally out of the blue. An elder and a MS in training stopped by one afternoon. This elder is our age, thought he was a good guy (now we know he's totally an "org" man). When I asked why he was asking us these questions he said that there were "apostates" right in our own territory, and they had kids too!!! **gasp**

We hadn't been seen doing anything or associating with df'd or "worldly" people. We were just doing the fade.

Every effort is made to help wrongdoers. But if they are unrepentant, the congregation needs to be protected from their influence.

This statement is false! My brother went to the elders and confessed his wrongdoing. Nobody else in the hall knew about what he did (the girl was non JW), he was 16 at the time, overcome with guilt and was repentant. If he didn't go to the elders they would have never known what he did. He was df'd. There was no effort made to help him.

Just goes to show you you can't trust what's on the internet!! ;-)

BB

• juni
    juni

BB, good evening.

he was 16 at the time, overcome with guilt and was repentant. If he didn't go to the elders they would have never known what he did. He was df'd. There was no effort made to help him.

How could your brother be repentant and be DF?

Juni

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

you know, I really am indebted to this site for all the experiences you folks have been through and shared. Recently, I had some elders visit me because of rumors about my apostate ways . By reading many of the experiences many of you posted, I knew exactly how I needed to answer them without outing myself. I even got the '...do you think the FDS is god channel question. I really danced around that one (I couched my answer carefully... theocratic tactics you, hehehehehe....

It was a close call but interestingly, I got some of them to relate some of the problems they have with the society. I was actually kind of surprised that some of them have the same frustrations that we do except they hide it better and still try to rationalize the societies behavior.

• wednesday
    wednesday

"special effort" my arse. I had an elder cross 2 lanes of traffic in break neck speed to avoid driving next to me.

special effort, ah yes

• sspo
    sspo

gumby

I know what the rules are when it comes to those that leave the organ. but as it's been said already, some witnesses make up their own rightousness such as my wife and decides not to talk to family members that have left and not df's.

I reminded her hundreds of times to pick up the phone and just to see how her mother is doing and just tell her that you miss her.

Some feel the stricter they are, the holier they are.

• wednesday
    wednesday

sspo,

You are right about that, I recently had an elder tell me that jws were within their right to view those inactive ones as DA, and treat them acordingly. So they just make up this stuff as they go. I am neither DF or DA yet am shunned by most of the cong and family left in org as if I was. My crime? I dont't attend meetings.

However, we have" new light" I guess via the WT article. The more normal jws who still talked to their children and grandkids, well, they will pay for it now. They will have to stop or be shunned themselves.

• gumby
    gumby

Bumble bee,

If memory serves me correct, your visit may have been from a B.O.E. letter that encouraged Elders to call on any they might expect were apostate(s). Some elders assumed that any who just stopped coming for no reason could be possible apostates. This may have been why you were called on by the drone witness elder.

Mary,

You wanna here something very surprising? I was invited to a Dub BBQ last Saturday!!! I didn't go, because I'm pretty sure it was just a ploy to get me to go back to the Kingdumb Hell and I'm not going back. Still, I was really surprised to get the invite in the mail.....
    Nah, it was prolly just cuz yer so dang cute Gumby
  • Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Gumby,

The last time, they had reason to suspect something when they asked me whether I believed it was God's Org or not.

Long story short: It involved a recently converted and baptized dub. Someone at his work pulled alot of great material about dubs and the WTS from the internet that troubled him. He wanted to verify all of it and I gladly helped. Well to my shock and horror , the apostates were actually right. ( I felt I owed it to the guy to help himget the facts since it was my pioneer sib that first got him interested in studying) He DA'ed himself immediately after our findings. I asked him not to mention me and he kept his word but apparently a few pubs knew we were both looking up things in the library.

• gumby
    gumby

Midget.....I did something similar but I was already out....but it backfired on me..... big surprise there with gumbys luck

I found out a brother was getting wordly counciling and was questioning the organisation about some things to his councelor. I saw him at a Multi-Level-Marketing sham I got caught up in where there were also many witnesses there...(they like that kinda get rich quick scheme stuff) and approched him about it and kindly offered my help if he wanted it. He told my arse off in a big way and got madder than hell, told every dub there, and embarrased the crap out of me. Had I not been already booted from the dubs, my arse woulda been grass. My how things 'slip out' with us Apostates eh?

Gumbetrayed

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    BB, good evening.
    he was 16 at the time, overcome with guilt and was repentant. If he didn't go to the elders they would have never known what he did. He was df'd. There was no effort made to help him.

How could your brother be repentant and be DF?

Juni

Juni, I think the elders were on a witch hunt. There were alot of comments going around that "Jehovah's spirit is not in the KH". The local needs talks all centered around coming clean etc. There were several df'ings in that KH, my brother being the first. My parents fought tooth and nail to just be allowed in the JC (he was a minor). Also, my brother knew what alot of the other kids in the hall were up to and he was really pressured to "tattle". He kept telling them he wasn't ratting out anyone. When one elder was putting on the pressure my brother told him what his daughter was up to when daddy wasn't looking. He didn't like hearing that. I think the main reason was to keep him quiet. This was before the internet was everywhere, before we knew about the Flock book. His dfing wasn't totally bad. While df'd he met his now wife (not a JW at the time), and they have two beautiful children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit