As An Ex or Fading Witness, Do You Have Any Goals?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I hope to get 18,000 posts one day...

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yes, a very long and happy life and 20 years from now, I will be lauging my a** off at all the people who are still waiting expectantly for God to zap me with a big old lightening bolt or swallow mw up in a big earthquake fault line.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Just working on getting all the ingrain misconceptions about everything not "Society" approved. Everything is pagan or wrong for some reason or another, so I plan to just enjoy life, all of it and not worry about pleasing anyone but God.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

To make it as a songwriter one day

To finish college

To teach my kids the value in being non-judgemental

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind

To finish up college as quickly as possible is my #1 goal. I am also catching up on all the things I missed out on while in the dubs. I don't know if I should post this or not but it is a goal. I want to have sex. I just have not found the right guy yet. I don't want marriage or anything but I don't want it to be with just anyone. After I graduate college I want to start my own business. I've always wanted that.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Even though I am past fifty, I am in college. I hope eventually I can get a degree, although I have to work fulltime at a low paying job right now, because of course I did not get an education when younger.

My goal is also to make others' days brighter. Everyone deserves to be alive. We are not, I have learned, in a position to judge others as unworthy of life. I plan on doing what I can to make everyone' journey in life a more pleasant one if I can.

I encourage others, especially those who are depressed right now because of recently having their "blinders" removed about the WT Society, to get busy with any worthwhile project of self improvement or volunteer service. It will make you feel like a worthwhile person instead of always having the WT guilt of not doing enough, not being good enough, etc.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Yes.

• serendipity
    serendipity

My goals: Don't worry, be happy, find love, get my daughter through college and find some purposeful activity to take the place of the life-saving preaching work.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

continue exploring my spiritual path which I'm enjoying

transition to new career goal

learn to take photographs as well as Sparkplug

scuba with Tiger Sharks in the Bahamas

move to a more scenic environment

sail a Hobie Cat on one pontoon across a lake

river raft down Class IV rapids

hike to the top of Mt. Whitney

make a documentary film or write one

continue in being the official queso maker for Dallas apostofests

help my mother and brother transition out of the JWs

have a more open heart to people

• codeblue
    codeblue

Sure...but since I am fading I can't mention them here.

Life is a new journey!

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit