As An Ex or Fading Witness, Do You Have Any Goals?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know of an ex-elder who lives right near the Hall. He plans on getting the biggest lights and Christmas decorations!

• codeblue
    codeblue

oops...sorry Min.

I guess I am having temporary alzheimers do to moving and gettled settled...house #26....(still wading thru boxes, taking breaks looking at JWD quickly)

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

1.) To stay sane (i.e., no more hospital visits--EVER)

2.) To somehow purge myself of every vestige of my JW upbringing & programming from my mind & my life (a good hypnotist would be wonderful...)

3.) To develop myself as fully as possible in all areas--physically, mentally, emotionally, & spiritually. To continue reading, exploring, growing, & attempting to find something positive in every experience or interaction...

4.) To overcome my social & neurological deficits as much as possible & gradually widen my circle of friends & acquaintances, eventually including at least one special lady & the proverbial 'older sister' & 'little brother' I never had...

5.) Perhaps to write a book someday...

6.) To buy & tinker with at least two or three of the cars my father loved but never lived to acquire--an early 1970's Porsche 911, an Alfa-Romeo Spider or GTV, Triumph TR6, etc.

7.) To buy a nice little piece of land in Sonoita (remote high-desert town southeast of here), but spend lots of time away from home, travelling the world & visiting all of the places I have always wanted to see (especially Latin America & Europe).

8.) To learn & grow with this site indefinitely, & hopefully to meet many of you in person someday..

DesertRat

• minimus
    minimus

Desert Rat.....I like the idea of seeing a "good hypnotist".

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Just this morning I decided to write a Mission Statement for myself. The company I work for has a very simple mission statement, which everyone in the company can remember and adhere to. So I decided to write something simple like that, which I can remember so I can make it my daily mantra and not get sidetracked (I am so easily distracted). So as of today, my mission statement is this: "Be on time. Be a walker. Be debt-free. Be happy."

OK so it's not the prettiest mission statement ever, but it's the current things I am working on.

Long term, here's my full list I wrote down a couple of days ago:
    Pay off car and credit card.
    Walk daily.
    Be on time.
    Obtain and use a gym membership.
    Apply for college.
    Go to college.
    Get four-year degree.
    TRAVEL!
    Get tattoo(s). (this one I won't allow until I fulfill the gym membership one - it's all about self-discipline y'all.)

Of course one day I want to own a house, settle down (in my thirties), have a family, if not a significant other/husband/life partner, then adopt children.

But for right now, my main goal is to actually live my life, which I haven't been doing up until this year!

Thanks, Min. It's nice to read others' goals and keep ourselves in check too.

GGBG

• minimus
    minimus

GGBG----Good 4 u!!!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thanks, Min, YOU TOO! :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit