As An Ex or Fading Witness, Do You Have Any Goals?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

looking forward to retirement and seeing how my grandkids will have an effect on the world

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I am a fading witness with an active wife "in" so unfortunately I can't do everything I'd like to do. I am, however, pursuing a B.S. in a very exciting field, and have only 1 more year to go.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Working on making a happy life for myself. I know that it's a much lower goal than helping the universal theocrat w his domination problems. But, his problems are his, mine are mine. ;)

S

• apfergus
    apfergus

Well I still have several years of graduate school ahead of me, but eventually I'd like to be a mad scientist.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

working on getting signed, so that's basically working out like a fiend and so forth.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Working on making a happy life for myself.

Easier said than done, of course. But one thing is for sure, its a hell of a lot easier out of the borg

btw, have you ever read Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi? Its a great book.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I have lots of goals, both short term and long term. I already accomplished some goals while in the organization (I went against counsel and improved my financial situation considerably, it was a huge emotional struggle though). At this point, I want to finish my degree just for the fun of it and then try some stuff that I always wanted to do like skydiving at least once, a little hand gliding, scuba diving, some more traveling, etc... I would love to start a family and from there, who knows.

I also would like to research evolution a little more (I still believe in a creator and I think science can be reconciled with a creator) and read the bible again. I plan on going to a non denominational church in the future, I feel attending church helps one achieve contentment and balance, reminding us that love is really important and helping our fellowman.

I am interested in the stockmarket, filmmaking, writing and so many things. I plan to pursue all these things over time. whew!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Daniel-p

Thanks for the recommendation.

S

• blondie
    blondie

It's only too late when you are dead.--Malcolm Forbes

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Getting my son's band, Tree of Woe signed to a recording contract so that I can be on Cribs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit