A bit reluctant

by saki2fifty 148 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's the vital flaw in your argument, logical hummingbird.

And he appointed the Faithful and Descreet Slave to convey His Righteous messages to us. Why is that so hard to accept?

Prove it.

• hummingbird92575
    hummingbird92575

*waves to hummingbird*

Hi Ringo,

What mormon? I must have missed this one.

Well, I happen to have quite a bit of experience in this matter, as my father is Mormon and is an elder in his faith. He and I had our back and forth about scriptures, neither wavering a bit, so I think we called it a draw and have had a wonderful relationship ever since. He was not at all happy about my being babtized, but he is accepting that I am an adult and capable of making an educated decision.

As far as still being here, I am glad you noticed LOL But seriously, I am here because I wanted to answer everyone...No more, no less. Even those who have no respect for me as a human being.

If I was the one who had been here for a while and you were a newbie and you said you were leaving because you felt like you were being disrespected, I would try to convince you to stay. But I guess that not everyone has a sympathetic and kind quality about them. Instead, you just typed *wave*...I wish that there was a way that I could understand where y'all lost your respect for others.

• hummingbird92575
    hummingbird92575

That's the beauty of it. I don't have to prove anything. The bible does it for me. But here it goes...

Matthew 24:45

"Who really is the faithful and descreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?"

Mt 24:42 sets up the series of scriptures that are metaphors, the "domestics" being the great crowd, the faithful and descreet slave being the WTS and some of the annointed, and the master being Jehovah...Wait, don't you know this already?

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Hummingbird, I am glad you were not scared off. I had hoped though that you would read my posts to you. I am unsure if you did since you have not replied to me. You just used the reasoning of having questions with the wrong tone. I hate to tell you but my husband and I have been waiting for 7 months for the elders to return with any kind of information to help explain our questions with 607. In our meeting I was pleading with them to help us. NOTHING!! If you doubt wether my tone was proper, well, we recorded the meeting in case we were ever accused of having a bad attitude. It is not the tone but it is the fact that you are questioning those taking the lead. You cannot question the explanations in the publications. I feared this from the very begining. I knew I would be labeled if anyone knew I was questioning things. It ended up getting out. Anyhow, you should know that all the care and concern you are recieving when you miss meetings is wonderful. But I worry that once you are baptised, in time, it will change. We have not been to a meeting in a year and a half, with the exceptions of the assemblys. The last one we attended was last fall. I can count on one hand the people who called out of concern. Two of which were my closest friends. We were not slackers, we were VERY active, husband was a MS, and I pioneered every year. Always studied, always answered, had lots of RVS, and even studies, etc.. But I could have died, and no one would have been the wiser. I hope you will never experience the feeling of abandonment, and the abuse of name calling, such a "apostate". I hope you reply to my last couple of posts. I am interested as to how you feel about them. Sincerely, Lady Liberty

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Mt 24:42 sets up the series of scriptures that are metaphors, the "domestics" being the great crowd, the faithful and descreet slave being the WTS and some of the annointed, and the master being Jehovah...Wait, don't you know this already?

Hummingbird: Actually, I knew about all this before you were even born. Sigh...........the metaphors are self-servingly designed by the WTS - not the Bible. Don't you get the circular nature of their logic yet? Stick around, read more and comment less and more shall be revealed to you.............

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hum-ster:

BTW, did you belong to another faith before studying with the JWs? If so, then you, too are an apostate according to Wikipedia on-line encyclopedia:

*most converts to a new religion can also be considered apostates from a previous belief.*

Obviously, Jehovah's Witnesses encourage apostacy and, in fact, go from door to door to incite it. Your leaps of logic are huge and you would do well to define terms before you engage in verbal swordplay on here. You see, ex-JW apostates know absolutely EVERYTHING you know plus way MORE. We can research and read anything we wish, whereas you...................can't. Scary, isn't it?

BB, of the raised/3rd generation JW class

• ringo5
    ringo5
    What mormon? I must have missed this one.

This post

Your replied without answering the specific question "How would you reason with him while in the ministry, if he said he could not consider leaving the Mormon church no matter what you showed him, as he would consider that apostacy?"

I'm still interested in hearing a scriptural reply, and no doubt the many Witnesses that lurk here would also.

Also, this was your reply to jgnat...

That's the beauty of it. I don't have to prove anything. The bible does it for me. But here it goes...

Matthew 24:45

"Who really is the faithful and descreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?"

If you are in the field of logic , as you say, then you must know that this is not an argument, but rather a proposition.

An argument starts with a premise, in this case it could be Matthew 24:45, then a series of linking propositions (possibly more scriptures?)leading to another proposition, the conclusion. The conclusion you wished to make, WTS = "faithful and discreet slave", was not proven or even attempted to prove, only stated as fact.

Please note, that there are many current Witnesses and those studying with them that read these threads, so your logical argument or lack of one will go a long way in helping these ones.

Cheers

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty
    before you engage in verbal swordplay on here. You see, ex-JW apostates know absolutely EVERYTHING you know plus way MORE. We can research and read anything we wish, whereas you...................can't. Scary, isn't it?

And thats exactly why I am now in the backseat... just listening. Scary? Heck ya. Just the way you said that gave me the chills... almost sounded a little dem.. <cough> onized <cough>. What? I didn't say anything.

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty
    I am here because I wanted to answer everyone...No more, no less. Even those who have no respect for me as a human being.

I respect you. I respect you for standing up for what you believe in, despite the fact that there were bullies around messing with the little kid.

Now its not all that bad, i've actually ejoyed listening to everyone and was encouraged a bit, maybe not in the direction I wanted, but encouraged nontheless. But please take your own advise, and after you have answered everyones questions, high tail it out of here. I am... tomorrow will be my last day.

This board does have a lot of info, but after seeing how quick, intelligent, and knowlegable about the truth of the truth they have, I've kept quiet. I would love to stir up something, but dare not tread on unknown waters. I'm amazed at the knowledge you all have.

Hummingbird, make your visit here short, and sorry I dragged you into this. I'll be gone myself after tomorrow.

• ringo5
    ringo5
    Hummingbird, make your visit here short, and sorry I dragged you into this. I'll be gone myself after tomorrow.

What? I already posted on that other thread you started (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/118065/1.ashx), now you have to stick around and tell us how dirty you feel after the weekend ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit