How many people did Satan kill in the Bible?

by Stan Conroy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

TED BUNDY was Satan and he killed at least 30. Oh, shoot, that wasn't in the Bible. Sorry.

W.Once

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

Killed in the BIBLE, omg, seriously....

What ALL THOSE killed in HUMAN HISTORY?

then again, its Human History, not Satan History.

Is the Bible Human HISTORY or Satan HISTORY?

Then Again, what do U know of satan? Fable or Spirit?

Love Ya,
    Sherwood

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I don't know of any instance of Satan killing anyone.

I don't mean to insult those who still have faith, but, the Bible (which is supposed to be His Word) shows He's been the worst mass serial killer in all of human history. Hitler, Stalin, Saddam & Genghis Khan just don't have His numbers.

There is that unwritten rule I suppose, "They're my toys and I can break 'em if I want to."

I mean...what are we gonna do about it ?

Rabbit

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I agree with Heathen. In the story of Job, Satan specifically was allowed to test Job and in the process caused all his children die in natural disasters. There were 10 kids killed, plus untold servants.

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Ah yes, the story of Job. I forgot about that one. It does seem that Satan directly killed Job's children, with God's blessing of course.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I have a question: How many people will Satan resurrect?

• james_woods
    james_woods

A fascinating subject...most literalist Hebrew-based religions have a real problem explaining the mystery of "Satan"...just a few random thoughts on this subject:

* - you could make a pretty good case that "Satan" (through the snake) really told Eve the truth, while "God" lied to Adam & Eve. They didn't die "that day" from eating of the tree, but they did gain moral knowledge, as serpent said would happen. For example, Eve didn't know she was walking around naked until after they ate the apple. And then "God", off on vacation for the weekend we might guess, wonders why they made clothes...

* - The whole Job story indeed does not paint God in any better light than Satan. This kind of stuff would not even have been allowed in Abu Ghraib...and while Satan may have had all the fun, it really happened on Jehovah's "watch", according to the myth.

* - What was that stuff about Jesus going out in the wilderness to be "tempted by Satan"? Satan gets him up on a hill and says - I will give you all these cities, etc...!!! WTF??? For crying out loud - Jesus was God incarnate - he was heir to the whole universe! How was this tempting anybody?

* - I personally have never been able to figure out how & why God would let Satan exist after all these centuries! The Hebrew God sure didn't hesitate to destroy whole cities on a whim, not to mention all the humans except Noah & Family once. But did he get the bad angels or their leader Satan at the point of the flood (after all, they were the perpetrators in that instance...)? NAAAH - just left them around to cause more trouble for another 4000 years or so, including maneuvering the killing of his "only begotten son" a couple thousand years later...

Caution - careful reasoning on such items as the above may prove hazardous to simplistic religious dogma...

James

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

"The way I understand it, satan doesn't have the power to actually kill anyone...only god can give someone or something the ability to kill."

I have the ability to kill. Did God give that to me? If so, why am I granted this power, and Satan wasn't?

We all know that Yahweh of the OT slaughtered practically everything that moved. Men, women, children, animals. He killed off civilizations, and he killed off races.

But Satan, on the other hand, killed a handful of people with God's blessing.

Perhaps, if (and that's a big if) the Bible is a historically accurate document, perhaps it was history recorded by the victor, as is always the case. Perhaps Yahweh prevailed because of his excessive thirst for blood, which Satan didn't have the stomach for. (Except of course that time that he was defeated because the enemy had chariots of iron).

I can't help but imagine the whole God vs Satan thing is more like an episode of Stargate SG1 than a story about an almighty creator of the universe and the epitome of evil as his foe. Perhaps they were travelers who came to enslave the earth, along with Marduk, Baal and all the rest of those false gods.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I am wondering if Satan joined the other rebellous Angels when they came to Earth and took the "daughters of men."

• Satanus
    Satanus

Killed by God ? -- Drowned everyone in the whole world except for Noah and his family (Genesis 7)
    1 -- Saltified Lot's wife (Genesis 19:26)
    ? -- Burned all of the people of Sodom and Gomorrah (except for "good" Lot who offered his virgin daughters to a mob of men and then slept with both of them himself later)
    1 -- Slew Er, Judah's firstborn son (Genesis 38:7)
    1 -- Killed Er's brother, Onan because he spilled semen on the ground so as not to conceive offspring for his brother's wife whom he was forced to marry (Genesis 38:9-10)
    ? -- The firstborn in all of Egypt (Exodus 12:29)
    ? -- Drowned the pharoah and all of his gang in the Red Sea (Exodus 14:26-28)
    2 -- Nadab and Abihu for making a fire
    ? -- Burned some Jews for complaining
    ? -- Sent a plague against Jews for being greedy
    11 -- Sent a plague on Jews who gave the chosen land a bad report
    ? -- Korah and other Jews who didn't like Moses
    ? -- The Lord causes the earth to open and swallow up the men and their families because they had been rebellious (Numbers 16:27-33)
    250 -- A fire from the Lord consumes 250 men (Numbers 16:35)
    14,700 -- Sent a plague on Jews apparently for the hell of it (Numbers 16:49)
    "many" -- Sent serpents on Jews (Numbers 21:6)
    24,000 -- Plague killed Jews who followed Baal (Numbers 25:9)
    ? -- Philistines
    50,070 -- Jews who looked in the ark of the covenant (1 Samuel 6:19)
    1 -- Nabal for scorning David
    1 -- Uzzah for touching the ark when trying to keep it from falling
    1 -- David and Bathsheba's child
    70,000 -- Sent a pestilence because David sinned (2 Samuel 24:15)
    51 -- Fire from heaven consumes the prophets of Baal (2 Kings 1:10-12)
    102 -- Sent fire down on Ahaziah's men
    42 -- Sent bears to kill children who mocked Elisha (2 Kings 2:23-24)
    ? -- Sent lions to kill invaders
    185,000 -- Assyrians (2 Kings 19:35)
    80,000 -- Lots of bad Israelites
    ___________________________________________ 399,933 + ? -- Total killed by God! Killed on God's orders by his followers ? -- Jacob's sons killed every man in Shechem
    3,000 -- Jews worshipping the golden calf (Exodus 32:27-29)
    1 -- Man gathering wood on the Sabbath Day (Numbers 15:32-36)
    ? -- Canaan (Numbers 21:3)
    ? -- The Lord commands Moses to kill the people and expose them in broad daylight so that the Lord's anger may be turned away from Israel (Numbers 25:4)
    ? -- Took the city of Heshbon from the Amorites
    ? -- All of the people of Bashan
    ? -- All Midianites except for the virgin girls (Numbers 31:17-18)
    ? -- The Israelites destroy the men, women, and children of Sihon leaving no survivors after the Lord gave them over to them (Deuteronomy 2:33-34)
    ? -- The Israelites destroy the men, women, and children of Og after the Lord gave them over to them (Deuteronomy 3:6)
    ? -- Everyone in Jericho but Rahab, a hooker who betrayed her city (Joshua 6:21-27)
    ? -- Achan and his family (who had nothing to do with it) for stealing (Joshua 7:19-26)
    12,000 -- Joshua utterly smites the people of Ai with the God's approval (Joshua 8:22-25)
    ? -- Everyone in the cities of Ai, Amalek, Makkedah, Libnath, Lachish, Egnolites, Jarmuth, Geder, Hebronites, Debirites, Hormah, Arad, Addellam, Bethel, Tappuah, Hepher, Apheh, Lasheron, Madon, Tasnach, Megiddo, Kedesh, Jokneam, Dor, Goiim, Terzah, Gibeonites and all of the Amorites. 10,000 -- Canaanites of Bezek (Judges 1:4)
    10,000 -- The Israelites kill the Moabites with the help of the Lord (Judges 3:29)
    ? -- The people of Jerusalem, Sheshai, Ahiman, and Talmai
    ? -- The people of Zephath, Gaza, Ashkelon, Ekron, and the king of Moab, Eglon.
    ? -- The army of Sisera and the men of Karkor
    ? -- Jephthah destroyed 20 cities
    30 -- The Spirit of the Lord comes Samson and causes him to slay thirty men (Judges 14:19)
    1000 -- Under the Spirit of the Lord, Samson slays 1000 men with the jawbone of an ass (Judges 15:15)
    3000 -- Samson, with the help of the Lord, pulls down the pillars of the Philistine house and causes his own death and that of 3000 other men and women (Judges 16: 27-30)
    50,100 -- The men of the tribe of Benjamin (Judges 20:35, 43-48)
    ? -- The tribe of Jabesh-gilead
    ? -- The Ammonites, the Philistines and the Amelekites
    331,269 -- David killed a whole bunch of people
    3 -- Solomon killed a few people too
    ? -- All of Jeroboam's extended family
    ? -- All of Baasha's extended family
    450 -- Prophets of Baal
    793,000 -- All Jewish Baal-followers
    127,000 -- Arameans slain by the Israelites with the help of the Lord (1 Kings 20:28-30)
    1 -- Man who wouldn't strike a prophet
    ? -- Moabites
    172 -- Jezebel, Ahab's sons, Joram, their priests, and their friends
    142 -- Ahaziah's relatives
    ? -- The sacrifice of the firstborn of Israel so that the Lord might horrify them.
    ? -- All of Baal's followers
    1 -- Athaliah for killing sons
    1 -- Mattan the Baal priest
    10,002 -- Edomites and two servents
    ? -- All of the pregnant women in Tirzah
    20,000 -- Hezekiah killed a bunch of people
    500,000 -- Israelites killed each other
    50,000 -- Ethiopians
    23,000 -- Seerites
    510 -- Haman's army
    75,300 -- More of the army
    ___________________________________________ 2,017,956 + ? -- Total killed by God's followers under his orders! So the grand total comes to:

399,933 Killed by God + 2,017,956 Killed by God’s followers = 2,417,889 + ? people killed by God and his followers under his orders PLUS an unknown amount which probably number into the millions, including the whole world at the time of Noah, and over 60 whole cities! vs. Killed by Satan ? -- Satan killed Job's children after God gave him permission to. http://www.geocities.com/wwu777us/Debunking_Christian_Arguments.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit