How many people did Satan kill in the Bible?

by Stan Conroy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

Satanus - "Killed by God" - right, but forget not to mention that poor guy who was elecrocuted or some such because he reached out to keep the Ark from falling into the river!

Talk about a lack of appreciation for an honest effort in what a man thought was a good cause -

• james_woods
    james_woods

Sorry, Satanus - I see you had Uzzah in there! I was looking at it from the bottom up...

This is a worse record than the Taliban, AlQuida, the Hezbolla, and the PLO combined.

I hear the present day Jews are doing what they can to catch up, though...

• Satanus
    Satanus

James woods

While the chart is probably not totally accurate reflection of the bible story, it gives a good idea of the bloodthirst of the bible writers.

S

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    ·
    - you could make a pretty good case that "Satan" (through the snake) really told Eve the truth, while "God" lied to Adam & Eve. They didn't die "that day" from eating of the tree, but they did gain moral knowledge, as serpent said would happen.

Not much different in the story of Job. God told Job he could hurt Job if he could do it without actually touching him. So what did he do? He touched the wind that toughed and killed Jobs kids. Was it a true test of faith for Job or was it really a battle of wits between God and Satan? Everything written in the bible about Satan seems to be of that nature. A battle of wits.
    edited to add At our expense. It as though we are toys, for now, and if we are good toys we get rewarded with the real life later.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Satan seems to disappear after the Book of Job and is not talked about again until the Gospels. Is my observation correct?

• james_woods
    james_woods

plmkrzy, you are flying exactly in formation with my own thoughts on this. It is like a crazy game between two little kids where they are torturing ants with a magnifying glass for fun. After you let go of the superstition and awe over the "holy" bible, but start to look at things in a reasonable perspective, something strange happens!

You start to realize that almost all of those OT fables put God and the Jews into a perfectly reprehensible moral light.

It's not a "Satan" story, but one that always blew me away was the Jacob and Esau birthright thing. Just on the fairness issue. If that had happened here in Texas, you can bet that Jacob would have gotten jerked into family court so fast his head would spin, and the judge would have made sure he didn't even have a pot to make jambolaya in or do anything else with it.

And isn't it sick how the JWs are sucked into these very stories to use as "positive" examples of what happens to bad little witnoids who don't do what Watchtower says?

But, I guess it is all great background material for a religion who thinks their God is ready and waiting to kill off 4 billion plus people in a few months or so in the most painful way possible...he was just getting warmed up with that odds and ends stuff in Satanus' list...

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Satanus

2,017,956 + ? -- Total killed by God's followers under his orders! So the grand total comes to:

399,933 Killed by God + 2,017,956 Killed by God’s followers = 2,417,889 + ? people killed by God and his followers under his orders PLUS an unknown amount which probably number into the millions, including the whole world at the time of Noah, and over 60 whole cities! vs. Killed by Satan ? -- Satan killed Job's children after God gave him permission to.

I found a loophole for Satan on those ten (10) deaths he is accused of: Weather...is an "Act of God"... my insurance co. says so !

Here's an even bigger (ultimate) death figure for our Loving God Jehovah: He is directly responsible for killing every human that has ever existed ! How ?

System Requirements: You must have the program, "I believe in the Bible, as God's Word." installed and running.

Easy. He gave a death sentence to Adam & Eve for swiping 5 ¢ worth of fruit out of God's garden. (Bad asses) The fruit was going to waste anyway. That death penalty certainly was a good precedent for the Big Guy's future 'fair' decisions.

2nd. Our Loving God Jehovah, using his unique sense of 'fair-play', gave a death sentence to all of mankind, all of Adam & Eve's descendants. That means -- US ! Jah, again, again & again...has shown his absolute joy in punishing innocent people for the "sin's of the father & mother.'

How can that possibly be explained as any kind of true justice ??? If any mere human judge punished someone for what their parents or relatives had done -- our sense of justice would be outraged, right ? Why...how... can we possibly accept such behavior from a god ? From someone we would want to worship and follow his/her teachings...?

From someone -- we want to emulate ???????????

Rabbit (not skeered anymore)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Actually, if my memory searves me, in job, the term used is not satan. It is 'an opposer'. As such, it could have been a human or another angel appointed by god for the purpose of a contest or sport. As well, the account doesn't identify the cause of the storm that killed the kids, or that caused the raiders to attack the kids. I wonder if an unbiased jury would convict satan, a guy who did not appear clearly until a thousand or so, yrs later. If not, then satan would get off w a clean record. S

• heathen
    heathen

You can shake your fist at God or the cocept of God all you want but in the end it's meaningless . I feel the best we can do is try to understand this very profound world we live in as best we can . The reason for our short lived lives is because the tree of life was removed so we can't live hundreds of years and not because we inherit some original sin as even the WTBTS would say . God did deal with traitors harshly but also rewarded those that obeyed with over abundance . Satan is still acting as the snake in the garden just so the traitors can be found out . Makes sense to me ..... Our man made governments like to do the same thing . Traitors are put to death heros are rewarded ...

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Rabbit asks:

How can that possibly be explained as any kind of true justice ???

If any mere human judge punished someone for what their parents or relatives had done -- our sense of justice would be outraged, right ?

Why...how... can we possibly accept such behavior from a god ?

From someone we would want to worship and follow his/her teachings...?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit