IF they were right

by KW13 44 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Andre and Just-one's story sounds a little like the old movie Red Dawn.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Well, look at it this way. It would be a great place to live if you were a stand-up comic. Just look at how much material would present itself to you daily.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

All you guys are nuts. I would be enjoying myself in paradise with my 70 virgins.

You see, if the witnesses are right, then so are the muslims.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

The part of about burying all the bodies is interesting. Doesn't the Bible say the dead will not be buried or mourned? The birds will pick their bones clean. Imagine 7 billion bodies decaying without a burial. The stench and the disease that would result would be unbearable! How long does it take for a body to decompose in a cooler climate anyway?

The whole story is ludicrous when you think about it! I don't know why I never asked that question when I was a JW?

While I'm at it. If the animals are all going to be vegetarians in the new system and no longer eat meat, why would the birds pick the bones of all the dead people? Won't they just be eating seeds and berries and such? Oh, and if the animals aren't going to live forever, but they aren't going to eat each other, does that mean we have to bury all the rotting dead animals too? Do we all have to do grave or bone-picking duty in the new system? How come the society never shows that in their paradise pictures?

Cog

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'd take a flying leap off the nearest cliff to see if my 'perfect' body could survive the impact. If the first fall didn't kill me, then I'd just keep on jumping till it did.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I'd take a flying leap off the nearest cliff to see if my 'perfect' body could survive the impact. If the first fall didn't kill me, then I'd just keep on jumping till it did.

This reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day. In the scene where Bill Murray wakes up every morning; instead of Sonny & Cher playing on the clock radio, it would be the Kingdom Melody "We're Jehovah's Witnesses". And the radio disc jockey's voice would sound like Dan Sydlik.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Great point!

It would be like living in a really bad version of Groundhog day. Now where's that cliff?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

To me that's the same question as: 'What if you woke up and you were the Sultan of Brunei, out on a date with Angelina Jolie, and you were going to spend the week parasailing New Zealand, motorcycling the Italian Alps, scuba diving the Red Sea and skiing British Colombia together, stopping off on the way to buy Fiji'. It's just a ridiculous baby-dream concept is all.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

PRETTY BIG IF!!!!! I would wonder what I was doing there, and realize that God is much more merciful than JWs ever thought *if* in a perfect new earth he allows both ME and JWs to inhabit it. In that case, God is much more like I thought he was, and while I would wonder at Him for letting them participate, I would be glad he is good enough to let me in too!

• KW13
    KW13

Sass ma' frass - What if you woke up and you were the Sultan of Brunei, out on a date with Angelina Jolie

------------

Its interesting that was your chosen example Sass, though i like Angerlina Jolie myself :P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit