Uninvited--A Wonderful "Witness"

by Merry Magdalene 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Wow, Merry M. I'm soooo sorry.

My Mom is 83, and the only Witness on my side of the family. She has two DFed kids, myself and a sister, and none of my other siblings ever were baptized, though two of them attended meetings.

Your experience has helped me think of a few things I need to do.

First, talk to my siblings about the importance of not having her funeral in a Kingdom Hall.

Second, to prepare them for a Witness funeral. And to make sure that we demand that we have our say at the funeral.

Third, if an elder (and I know a few prick elders in my Mom's congregation that might just do what that PO did to you) were to ever do that to me, to be prepared to ask him to repeat that to all of my mother's non-Witness relatives right then and there, in front of everyone. I would make such a scene at that moment, and would so verbally kick his ass all over the planet.... God. I apologize to you for such treatement. No one should have to endure that.

S4 - who would like to have the e-mail or snail-mail address of the brother who told you not to attend the reception of your own mother's funeral. I have a couple of things I want to say to him.

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( Merry ))) How unkind.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Thanks S4

I guess it just stunned me because I let my guard down and wasn't expecting it. It came in the midst of an outpouring (there's a good JW word, eh?) of love and concern from JWs as well as non-JWs, and it was this same PO who, the day before, had very sweetly said to me that he was glad I was coming to the memorial service at the KH, that I was always welcome at the KH, and that if he lived closer he would love to come visit me. He sure screwed that upLOL. But they're pretty good at absolving themselves and blaming the victims, as I believe was brought out (another JWism) on another recent thread. So on they go...tra la la...leaving in their wake...

~Merry (who, regrettably, doesn't have any relevant addresses)

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Merry M;

I was an elder for many years, and would never had done this to you.

I am so angry about this I can hardly type. Arrrgghhhh!!!

S4

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Merry,

Reading your post about the time you spent with your mom before she died convinces me that she would have been pleased there wasn't a scene in the Hall. You had every right to be at the get-together afterwards. You know this.

You are better off without them all. They are infected with zealotry and bigotedness towards anyone who isn't enslaved to thier thought police. You are free. Rejoice that none of them knew your Mother as you did, and your uncle apparently.

They cannot infect the sincerity of your love for your mother with thier conditional affections. Yours was an honest and unpolluted love for your mother.

Rejoice in that and the fact that you have no need to talk to the morons again.

W.Once

• Kudra
    Kudra

Hey, Merry-
    I sent you a pm-
    -K

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Merry, so sorry for the loss of your mom. In spite of the nastiness of her religious leadership, it sounds like you have some wonderful family members, even among the JWs. Make sure to let the JW ones know why you weren't at the private gathering. What a jerk that guy was! Shelly

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Seeker4 wrote: No one should have to endure that.

OMG. How true. It is such cruelty at a most vulnerable time. I am so, so sorry that you had to go through that.

-Aude.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh Merry, that's hell. I'm so sorry. Those filthy horrible people. They just love their little sphere of power and guilt. They pay for it though, trust me; they get no respect out there in the real world.

I thought I would hear from my mother's family after it was all over but I haven't. They probably think I'm childish for not sticking around to have my pic taken with them after I got stabbed.And I wonder what everyone else thought when I wasn't there after saying I would be. Did anyone tell them the truth--that I had been officially uninvited? Or do they think I blew them off of my own

I wonder about things like these a lot, we probably all do; we all know we're being treated horribly and that they turn the tables and outright lie to hide it. But the people who really matter notice, and they've been treated similarly themselves. Keep them close.

Hope you're okay.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Merry

I'm so sorry for your loss.I'm also going thru alot of bullshit with family. I'm glad you did have family and friends who could support you. Sounds like you had a better celebration of your mom's life, than a stuffy room full of dubs! I'd take that any day!

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit