Uninvited--A Wonderful "Witness"

by Merry Magdalene 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

He is a hard hearted B@st***! How dare he ban you from your mothers memorial? At the last dub funeral that I attended, a d/f'd young girl was there, since the deceased was her grandmother. Everyone expected that she should be there.

Who has the right? Was he the householder? .....Perhaps he observed this and did not like it.

Everyone was very loving toward me, embracing me, teary-eyed,

Sorry Merry

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I'm speechless!

I have never heard anything so cruel. It was YOUR mother that passed, so it should not have been considered a "congregational". The congregation, if they were truly Chrisitan, should have welcomed you with open arms and offered you comfort and support. At the very least, have seperated themselves from the family gathering if they felt that way. It should not have been up to you to opt out of the gathering.

Sick, sick, sick!!!

I'm so sorry to hear of your mother passing. ((((((((Merry))))))))

BB

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

How they treated you was disgusting!! you have my heartfelt sympathies and hugs!!

• Warlock
    Warlock

Merry,

The reason I feel it's the cruelest is because, like me, you are an only child. For that reason alone, they couldn't bend THEIR rules? Give me a break! That is so unfeeling.

My mother is not a J.W. she is a Catholic. When she dies, I am going to have to attend her service in a Catholic church, AND I AM GOING TO ATTEND. Gonna sit right up in front.

What ever happens, happens!

Warlock

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

WTF?! That is just awful, (((Merry)))!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Merry, I am speechless. What an insensitive thing to say to someone who has just lost their mum.

The cruelty that these people are capable of never ceases to amaze me. I am so sorry that you had to go through that on such a day.

Linda

• forsharry
    forsharry

I just can't stop shaking my head at this.

I'm so sorry to hear that you were subjected to that...I'm sorry, but I'm not surprised. I'm not gonna say shoulda, woulda, coulda on this. It could have played out in a multitude of ways...both good bad, and hilariously funny but I'm sure imminently illegal as well. ;) I think that from what you wrote you handled it with a level of rational dignity I'm not sure I could have mustered. I applaud you for that...and I think ultimately what that P.O. said doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things?

It's just a nother reinforcement that leaving the org was the right choice. It was also nice that those in attendance granted you condolences and sympathy that you rightfully deserved. Don't let that arse ruin the memory of your mother's memorial.

::HUGS::

• undercover
    undercover
    At the end he said everyone was welcome to gather at a certain private home afterward. What he should have said was everyone except her only child, only he didn't know that yet himself.

Was this at your mother's home or the home of a close family member?

Since it was announced that all in attendance were welcome to the private home after the official memorial, and if this was being held at a family member's residence then the PO does not have the right to uninvite you. It was your mother, you have more right to be there than anyone one else not related to her. If the JW friends would be stumbled by your presence, then it's they who can go home instead of paying their respects at the home of the family.

• poppers
    poppers

Wow, what a story. You have my heartfelt sympathy.

poppers

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

The after-memorial gathering was being hosted by close JW friends of my mother's. All the JWs who greeted me after the service seemed glad to hear that I would be attending it. I don't know if the host-couple was uncomfortable with my attending, or some of my JW family was, or the BOE, or just the PO.

That's ok. I got over it....or did I? Maybe I wouldn't still be talking about it if I was truly over it. I don't know.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit