Uninvited--A Wonderful "Witness"

by Merry Magdalene 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• luna2
    luna2

How lovely. Not entirely unexpected but still very hurtful and quite rude. I hope that PO felt like shit while he was uninviting you. Its such a sad, cruel little cult, isn't it?

(((((Merry)))))

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hi Merry,

I am so sorry they put you through that pain. As though the loss of your mother was not enough.

Talk about Pharisee. That PO could have taught the Pharisees lessons on cruelty.

Take care

yesidid

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

ALANIS MORISSETTE LYRICS "Uninvited"

Like anyone would be
    I am flattered by your fascination with me
    Like any hot-blooded woman
    I have simply wanted an object to crave
    But you, you're not allowed
    You're uninvited
    An unfortunate slight

Must be strangely exciting
    To watch the stoic squirm
    Must be somewhat heartening
    To watch shepherd need shepherd
    But you you're not allowed
    You're uninvited
    An unfortunate slight

Like any uncharted territory
    I must seem greatly intriguing
    You speak of my love like
    You have experienced love like mine before
    But this is not allowed
    You're uninvited
    An unfortunate slight

I don't think you unworthy
    I need a moment to deliberate

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Horrible treatment Merry and I am so sorry! I just want to give you a hug!

• lesterd
    lesterd

Try this one on for size: 3rd generation, married 35 years, pioneer, prison, my presious wife has her cancer come out of remision and wants the kids to return to the WT, so..with my cooperation she divorces me, cause we dont talk, moves to the state they live in, under a short prognoise of her life, and finds they want nothing to do with the JW life...after a month she calls me and wants to get back together. I never saw her again

At her memorial I was allowed to set at the back of the KH, talk to no one and not allowed to go to the graveside. We had both DA ourselves 5 years earlier. The JW family was waiting there with open arms to thier dying daughter and sister, but couldnt have her over for dinner while she was still alive.

Bitter, brokenhearted, decieved no more.

I only wished I could have shared all I have learned with her, she always said if Jehovah gave us the reasoning power to ask questions then there should be answers to those question from the all powerful GB, we never found those answers inside that organization.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

wow lesterd thats rough. . welcome to the forum ,i'd love to hear more of your story.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I have a file on my computer for storing certain threads and posts that are especially poignant. Merry's and lesterd's stories will be filed there. The name of the file is "JW love."

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

((((Merry))))

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, and of course am both saddened and outraged (though not terribly surprised) at your poor treatment by the PO.

This is the kind of action that would really divide the congregation, if they knew about it. Because he didn't "disinvite" you in public, most of the JWs who expected to see you at the gathering will think you just decided not to come. This will reinforce their belief that former JWs reject them, and not the other way around.

Which makes me think of the PO: That sneaky b@#$%&d!

It's the kind of institutional backstabbing that they indoctrinate their followers with--re the 9/1/06 WT, with its "When a Loved One Leaves Jehovah" article. They turn it around so that family members are "isolating themselves from us," rather than admit that we are being shunned.

My aunt constantly talks about this one or that one who has "been abandoned" by their children. That's actually how she sees it; she doesn't recognize that the children were actively shunned and now maintain distance in order to save their own sanity.

Oh, these people's craziness is beyond comprehension!

Nonetheless, Merry, you have my love.

Jankyn

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Can JW's sink any lower than that? I'm sorry you had to go thru that experience merry. I know that hearing something like this just prepares others of us for what may lie ahead when we lose one of our JW parents. So if anything good comes out of such hurtfullness; we can perhaps be ready for just such a scenerio, when it happens. big hug...cathy l.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Aren't you like OUT of that social club?

What else are you letting them dictate to you?

Dude, I'd have cranked up the microphone right there on stage and announced what the guy said to me; then I'd have dared him to repeat it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit