Uninvited--A Wonderful "Witness"

by Merry Magdalene 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty

((((((((Merry))))))

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Yikes, Merry, I'm so sorry about that. My condolances to you for your loss, too.

I remember having that same attitude toward disfellowshipped people, and I can hardly beleive we ever acted that way. Now I'm so ashamed, and wish I could undo my past. So one day, hopefully that PO will come to his senses and regret how heartless he has become.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    THAT.............is the cruelest thing I have ever read on this board.

I agree. I'm sorry to hear that. But talk about self-control. I would have went crazy! They probably would have had to call the police.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Merry-very sorry for your loss. Why stand on ceremony at that time? If the elder truly wanted you to come back, shouldn't he have extended the opportunity to show love in this circumstance? Lack of love----maybe it will make the other attendees think, if they find out what happened to you. Besides, shouldn't the one who's house the fellowship was going to be held in make the decision? This man spoke for someone else. Anyway, he can't take your memories of your mother away from you. No one can.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Very typical, but very sad. I'm so sorry Merry.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I am very sorry for your loss.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Some people suck.

That's ok. I got over it....or did I? Maybe I wouldn't still be talking about it if I was truly over it. I don't know.

That's what we're here for - you need to talk about it and we want to hear it. (((Merry)))

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Oh Merry,

I am so sorry you were treated so cruelly during such a heart-breaking time in your life. Please let us know if relatives or friends ask "Where were you?" I would love to know how the JW's who were glad to see you will react to the PO's declaration that, "You weren't welcome..."

It wasn't a funeral, but, I remember a DF Witness being "uninvited" from some JW family function. They protested and said, they would go anyway. The Elder then told them if they came anyway, the host would be informed (read - threatened) and the JW's would just leave... ruining the affair. They told him "It will be YOUR fault ! Do you really want to ruin everyone else's fun for your selfish reasons ?"

He did not come.

Hopefully, there will be a 'silver lining to this dark cloud', for good people like your uncle and others this outstanding WT coldness could be 'the' thing that forces them to think clearly about their beliefs.

When my JW Mom died (no blood) I was just starting to miss meetings, so I wasn't shunned yet. I am shunned & marked for being inactive, but, am not DF/DA ...yet. I cannot imagine them trying to stop me now.

You did what you thought best at the time, no one should second guess your choices, you've been thru enough.

Hang in there !

Rabbit

• Kudra
    Kudra

I'm so sorry that happened to you Merry...
    Whenever I read of your and all the other girls (seems that the women get shunned more my their families here...) that are shunned by their families and what they go through with their moms it makes me almost cry. I have a mom that I am close to who doesn't know of my real JW status...
    Do you need some cookies or a care package or something? I am driving through Idaho to Montana later this week!
    -K

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Thanks everybody

Kudra--no care package necessary, but if you're passing through on Hwy 12 I'd love for you to stop so I could say hi

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit