What Things Did You Hate About Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

the gossipping inside the congregation.....yes we are all imperfect but the gossipping made me feel sick!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Mainly field service, and the constant feelings of inadequacy.

• Latte
    Latte

Feeling soooo guilty when we took a Sunday off with the kids..........we alway's felt so bad..we wondered if it was worth it..................yes it was!

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

Also seeing brothers trying to impress the Circuit Overseer during his visit.....it was hypocritical......did u get that too?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Mainly field service, and the constant feelings of inadequacy.

dittos except for the inadequacy. I just felt plain stupid.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Also seeing brothers trying to impress the Circuit Overseer during his visit.....it was hypocritical......did u get that too?

Oh yes! This was always the one week that I would never go out in field service. All records would be broken from everyone going out that week to suck up to the CO.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The "One Towel Rule" sometimes takes me to the edge.

Rub a Dub

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I hated that my kids could not play with "worldly" friends from school even those these kids behaved better than the witness kids.

I hated not being able to share in holiday celebrations with my family. Both my parents died young, a year apart and niether got a mother's day or father's day card or BD card from me in the last 12 years of their life. I can't take it back or make it up to them now!

I hated having to say no to my kids for just about EVERYTHING! no friends, no sports, not afterschool activities, no holidays, no "worldly" clothes, or movies, or video games. NOW, I let them pick their own clothes, my 14 year old wears black lipstick, and my son plays whatever games he wants. And you know what, they are great kids, get great grades in school and if this is the worst of their rebellion, I say I am blessed!

I hated having to sit and listen to the "brothers" twist all the scriptures out of context and pick an obscure verse and try to apply it to something trivial to prove the point the society wanted them to!

Lastly, I really hated yelling at my kids too much over little things that really do not matter, all because I thought they had to be perfect for the WT God to accept them.

Glad to be free, Lilly

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

Getting counsel for the smallest of details......like being friendly and smiling at the brothers and sisters...

• Latte
    Latte

Lovelylil,

DITTO for everything you said!

It got so tiring towards the end, drumming the crap into our little ones......so glad we're free!

Good for you Lil!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit