Yates verdict

by sammielee24 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• anewme
    anewme

Andrea Yates is mentally ill. She should never have been alone caring for those kids and having all that responsibility.

Let it be a lesson to us all to be on the look out for moms in trouble and recognize the need to intervene in some way on her and her childrens behalf.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Makes me sick....I agree with Sammieswife...she doesn't deserve the comforts of a mental facility, she deserves prison. Those poor babies.

• Gregor
    Gregor

She has been judged insane. So? The kids are just as dead as if she were 'normal'. She should be executed or put in a dark hole for the rest of her life. Her husband is a pathetic idiot. He should be made to bear some responsibility for what happened right under his nose. Everyone know this is right, but by the time it is processed through our system of "justice" it is all jabberwocky. Up is down, black is white, etc.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just saw her husband on the news, he's just as insane as she is.

• breeze
    breeze

This is not about her degree of guilt!

It is about how much the lawyers in our society can suck out of the government. In a state of laws we have some many lawyers that it makes it almost impossible to get to the truth of anything. All they want to do is continue the debate? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BREEZE

• Nowman
    Nowman

I have a 9 and 7 year old, Haley and Dylan. They are precious to me. I also have one on the way in February. I m not torn at all, I wanted her to get the death penalty. I do not have any understanding. If anything ever happened to my children, I do not know what I would do. Ok, shes sick, mentally ill, I really dont care, she should die.

Nikki

• kid-A
    kid-A

She has been judged insane. So? The kids are just as dead as if she were 'normal'. She should be executed or put in a dark hole for the rest of her life. Her husband is a pathetic idiot.

Holy bejeezuz I actually agree with Gregor!! LOL. I dont buy the insanity defense for one second. The woman was caught "coaching" another inmate on how to "act" insane in prison, evidence that I believe was excluded from the trial. Insanity REQUIRES that one cannot understand the implications of their actions. Yates clearly DID. She waited for her husband to leave demonstrating her fear and shame of what she was about to do. She METHODICALLY murdered each child, one-by-one, like a skilled executioner. Drowning is a painful, terrifying experience, imagine what the last seconds of those childrens lives were like as that psychotic witch looked into their eyes while holding them under the water. After this, she calmly called 911, knowing full well the implications of what had just transpired.

I find her spineless ex-husband equally repulsive. His interviews on Larry King reveal him as a callous automaton perfectly willing to "forgive" the murder of his children, almost fluffing it off as "well what can you do, she just had a bad day!". Having said that, execution wont do any service. I think spending the rest of her life in solitary will give her ample time to appreciate her actions, is she is indeed capable of guilt at all.

My bet? She will have a remarkable "prison conversion" experience, and be interviewed by Pat Robertson for her new found "life in jesus"

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I think the verdict is appropriate.

Andrea has to live with this forever, and from what was said in reports after the tragedy, she realized afterwards what she did. She was crazy at the time she did this. The guilt alone is enough to be institutionalized.

They were told after child #3 not to have anymore, as she had been depressed then. But Rusty, following his religious leader, didn't want her on birth control. So there were two more. He now is remarried (or will be soon) and can have more children. He was a shitty husband as far as I'm concerned for not taking into consideration how tired she was!!!!!

Crazy doesn't have to be written across someone's forehead every day for it to be so. Being extremely tired, lack of sleep, no time to yourself, warped religious beliefs, demanding husband....what do you really think this leads to??? Certainly not sanity!

Those babies are dead, and she will be put away forever regardless if it's prison or a mental facility.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Gregor,

you are sooo right about her hubby. He knew she had issues and did NOTHING to prevent what happened. He should have been prosecuted to for child endagerment and neglect in the least.

I had post pard. depression with both my kids. With the second it was really bad. I told my hubby I was having thoughts of hurting our baby and he NEVER left me alone with him and INSISTED I seek help immediately! I did and needed meds. The doctor also explained to me that I should not have any more children as with each one my condition can worsen. I stopped after the second even though I really wanted one more.

This husband should have worn a rubber for God's sake and stop making this disturbed women pregnant. The whole thing makes me sooo angry. Lilly

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The jury found her to be legally insane, not clinically insane. To be legally insane one must know that one's actions are illegal but not know the actions are "wrong". She admitted that she knew killer her kids was illegal, but she thought she was doing good by ensuring their salvation.

I wonder I someone could go around with a sniper rifle and pick off random people around the city and then use the same defence?

"You see Your Honor, I was just ensuring the salvation of all of those people! They are all now able to enjoy eternal bliss in heaven because of my actions!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit