Poll - on a scale of one to ten...

by slimboyfat 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Jake99
    Jake99

I was never a JW but they are pretty close according to their magazines on who the Messiah is and what he will do when he is given control of the planet. I know this because I am the Messiah the world is looking for.

I am not God, my mother was not a virgin, I cannot fly, I know nothing of an afterlife, if I were seated at the right hand of God I was not aware of it and the only voices I hear are my own and those of people I can hear.

Anyway I can restore this planet to Garden of Eden status just like I did at Wonder Bread and Hostess Cake with little more than common sense and the simple principals that Jesus recommended.

If you look at walking on water in a symbolic way than that is how I lead and perform in comparison to others, but I sink in water just like all others. The world needs a great leader that has already proven himself, look at my works.

Works are the failsafe mechanism that separates the liars and lunatics from the true Christ.

The JW's are not the Way, James Murphy is the Way.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

10/10

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I'm also 10 and 10.

I had to be fully convinced to live the life of a jw on a daily basis.When I was no longer convinced the scales started shifting.Now I no longer have any doubts that it's not the truth.

Goldminer

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Slim, How important is it for you to be certain about something before you act on it? I recommend a book by Daniel Taylor: "THE MYTH of CERTAINTY". It has to do with the risk of commitment.

10 and 10. Now uncertain about anything religious.

Blueblades

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

In--10

Out--10

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

Convinced they had the truth 10 (thank you, Mom & Dad) Convinced it's not the truth 10

• yesidid
    yesidid

Convinced it was the truth - 10 (would have considered it a privilege to die for it.)

Convinced now that it's not - 10

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Blueblades,

You recommend a book about the "myth of certainty" and say you have learned not to be certain about religious matters - then you say you are a 10/10 before and after... is there not a bit of a contradiction there?

The reason I say 6/10 for believing was that I rather hoped it was true more than I was convinced. Now I am more certain it is not true (9/10) because I can give a rational explanation for that view and don't have to rely on wishful thinking. Still, I would not say I was certain though...

Slim

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Is truth

As a child 10

As a teenager before baptism 9

As a teenager after baptism 8

As a 20's year old during my time in Bethel 4

After Bethel hovered around 4 until I had the guts to do the research

Is not Truth

Now 10

• south african beef
    south african beef

As a child growing up under mega spiritual parents - 10+ Getting baptised at the age of 18 - 10- Getting married at the age of 21 to the only available Witless girl - 8 Being appointed a MS and giving public talks etc - 9 Associating with'weaker' ones and trying to enjoy life whilst being a Witto - 6 When my marriage was breaking up and I was recieving 'counsel' - 3 Now I'm remarried, d'fed and very happy I think on a scale of 1-10 it must be 9.5 it's not the 'troof'. However, got to keep the 0.5 in there just in case> Oh no, wait a minute, an elder told me when I was being d'fed that because I was deliberately about to take a wrong course I would be sinning against the 'spirit' so I could never come back to Gods Org if I wanted to. So it's a 10 then!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit