by slimboyfat 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Chasity1
    Chasity1

8, 10

• blondie
    blondie

until 1974--10

After that it was more like 7

Imagine being disillusioned before 1975............I knew the end was not coming in 1975 because so many JWs thought it was...at a time you think it not

Blondie

• nowisee
    nowisee

10-10

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Dams,

I think you & I were born Worldly he he he

• TweetieBird
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Certainly interesting how "almost" atheist and "fullofdoubt" now have always been certain in their convictions - in both directions...

It's funny you'd mention that, it struck me as I was typing it how strange is to go from 100% convinced of one thing, to 100% convinced of its opposite in such a short time. It's scary, really, to know I can be tossed from one extreme to another like that. The only explanation I can offer is that faith is powerful, and at the time I had absolute faith in Jehovah, as I knew him thru the Watchtower. Once I abandoned faith, reality was standing there looking at me. Once you know how the trick is done, you become 100% convinced that it isn't magic.

Still scary though.

Dave

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

bttt for newbies

And what happened to AlmostAtheist?

Slim

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Convinced they had the truth - 10 (I was also a child, uneducated, isolated from outside knowledge, not allowed to read other material, and brainwashed)

Convinced they do not have the truth - 10 (Mature adult with real-life experience, educated, read voraciously anything I want, brain is dry-cleaned now) The burden of proof should have been on the WTS - but they stacked the deck by means of intimidation, isolation, coersion, cult tactics, outright lies and blackmail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit