Thanks for holding the door.... *** SMACK ***

by Elsewhere 35 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Kindness and consideration is not gender related. If someone holds the door, no problem. If I get there first, I hold the door open. A man opened the door for me today and I greatly appreciated it.

Blondie

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Ever since the 'wimmenz lib' stuff... it gets kinda confusing what to do these days.

With that being said - I will usually hold the door for others - if circumstance allows for it.

I also know that going through those double-door situations, gets tricky too... I've done it many times where I will 'get the door' for the person (male or female - doesn't matter), and then the individual who just went through - stops and holds the next door for me. hahahahahaha - it can get downright comical sometimes.

But yes - there are those that have their noses up in the air - and keep walking. No worries. Karma comes back on them big-time.

Regards,

Jim TX

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I'm usually the one holding the door. I don't feel that it should be left up to just the men to be curtious. Beside, I enjoy hearing the "thank-you" I get for doing so.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I hold the door for people and I appreciate them holding it for me. I sure as hell hope it doesn't come down to gender. I do have to admit though, all my life I was the one to step aside on the sidewalk, lately I don't always do that, its more about me not being a floor mat anymore than it is anything else.

I think she was a rude bitch and you should have run up to her and, holding your hand over your eye, said, lady when you let that door go I think you gave me a black eye. Can I have your proof of insurance? No? Hold on while I call the cops.

Sherry

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Always hold doors open for people...men, women, children. Always say thank you when someone opens a door for you. AND...when someone walks thru the door that you so graciously held open for them and does not acknowledge it...I always say, as loud as I can..."YOUR WELCOME". (Well...except for really, really old people who probably are just senile).

mumsy

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I appreciate any act of kindness given to me and I make a point of thanking the person responsible.

Good grief, with all the hustle and bustle, something as simple as holding a door for someone is a rarity. Hell, I'd be happy would return phone calls...

Lisa

• anewme
    anewme

There are rules for driving and there are rules for opening doors!
    Men are to open doors for women.

That being the general rule held in honor among most men, I now come up to a door and stand aside and allow the men to open it for me if we arrive at the door at the same time. I then thank them very heartily.

I know I know, this is scary for the gals to do. But the outcome is sooo worth it. The man takes pleasure in opening the door for a lady. All his early training from his mother comes back to him and he pats himself on the back for becoming a good decent man in society.
    And we ladies are under obligation to acknowlege this act of chivalry with a smile and graciousness.
    It is our duty as good women of our communities to continue to foster and support the tradition of chivalry in this smallest form. It is healthy for any society when men look after and protect their women folk.
    And kids, if that ever disappears we are all in trouble!!!!

Ok ok sometimes I do open doors for men too if their hands are full or they are in a wheelchair or have just come back from skiing with a busted leg or etc...you get the picture, there are exceptions to the rule.

But if a man does go out of his way to hold the door for you, PLEASE SAY THANKYOU!
    He will likely be kind to the next gal because of you.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I always appreciate courtesy, and always try to offer it. We are all just humans and should be kind to each other. I compliment strangers(male, female, children, babies) which freaks out my teenagers, but if someone looks nice, has a beautifully behaved child or does a great job, today might be the day they REALLY need that acknowledged. And if the child is being obnoxious, sometimes offering a smile and a hand with the shopping cart or whatever can be a lifesaver(spoken by mom of occasionally obnoxious kids).

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I really can't wait to become a dirty old man, I'd hold the door open with one hand and pinch that ass with the other

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It was one event out of literally millions of door-held-open-by-man-for-women events yesterday. I wouldn't read too much into it. Perhaps she was distracted? Angry at the way you'd been checking out her ass? Passive agressive in response to your palpable need for her validation? :P~ In the same situation, just yesterday, a woman asked me if she could fellate me for the same kindess, but that too, is rare.

ps... she also asked for a hundred bucks, but that is fodder for another thread on female panhandlers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit