Thanks for holding the door.... *** SMACK ***

by Elsewhere 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yesterday something happened that really pissed me off. I was walking out of a store that has two doors you have to walk through... the inner door and the outer door. Basically a small foyer.

As I'm going through the inner door I notice a woman is behind be so I go on through and hold the door for her... she went right on through without a word and then went through the outer door, pushed it open and then let it fly back into my face.

Luckily I was quick enough to catch it before it hit me but that really pissed me off as being extremely rude.

Ladies... do you still appreciate it when a man holds a door for you or has society gone past that?

• elliej
    elliej

I appreciate it when anyone holds a door for me and I try to do the same for others. I think that it is simple human kindness.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I appreciate it and I always say thank you. Some people are so rude, try not to take it personal - as hard as that may be.

Josie

• Kudra
    Kudra

Oh my gosh elsewhere,
    I was JUST thinking about that exact scenario when I woke up! (but not with you in it) And I was going to post something here about it!!!
    I really enjoy it when a guy opens the door for me or offers to hold my bag while I open my cardoor etc. Are these women so insecure in their femininity and accomplishments that that act of kindness throws them totally out of balance? I hold doors open for men and women alike. Sometimes the men get a little uncomfortable at that and say "No, no, let me gettaht for YOU," but that doesn't bother me either.
    I do understand that it is a throwback from a time when women weren't allowed to do a lot of things like vote, have an opinion, go to school, (or at least those things weren't encouraged- hm, remind someone of any particular group...?) and this was one more way of "taking care of" the womenfolk, but, heck, people nowadays don't think of it in those terms- they are just being respectful and courteous.
    Jeez, we need more of that.

• Warlock
    Warlock

That womans attitude is just another sign that Armaggedon is "just around the corner"!

Warlock

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

What EllieJ said! I will hold the door for anyone, and thank any one who holds the door for me. It's simply common courtesy. Sadly, something that is lacking in many people.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I always say thankyou to anyone who holds a door for me. I think it's bad manners not to.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

what a bitch.

I do enjoy men holding the door open and/or opening doors for me. Encluding car doors. I know I can do it myself, it's just nice when someone is polite.

you did well...the next person..man or woman will appreciate it.

lisa

• Emma
    Emma
    I appreciate it when anyone holds a door for me and I try to do the same for others. I think that it is simple human kindness.

Me, too.

You did good, Elsewhere.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

*runs back in to wave to emma*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit