One of the most irritating things you can say to a Witness?

by free2beme 54 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Tell them

"Does that dress itch a little? As it did when I owned it." Same thing can be said to a man in a suit.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Just tell them, "I'm a sinner in need of a Savior. Will you pray to Jesus with me?"

• barry
    barry

When I first went to a Kingdom Hall I quite innocently asked for a Hymn Book but I dont Know if That would be offencive to them . It didnt seem to be .

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Spaznik wrote:

Tell them you heard things about them on the internet. LMAO

I laughed out loud at this one . . . Love it!!!

or Gregor:

Play dumb and say in a friendly tone, "Oh, you're the folks that keep saying the world is coming to an end and then keep putting it off?"

They know you are right---they are false prophets . . .

This tops them all . . . If I was still a JW, I'd have quit on the spot if I got this:OMG

"Oh, you're the church that has so many pedofiles but won't turn them in?"

*hugs*

ESTEE

• anewme
    anewme

OMG you guys are shredders!!!! Freetobeme, that comment about the second hand clothes!!!!!!
    I could never talk like that to them. Really I cannot. Thats probably why I moved way far into the canyons where they never come.

You are too funny all of you!!!!!!!

• Arthur
    Arthur

I used to get so irritated when I would be out in service and I would be walking up to a person who was in there front yard; and they would say: "Are you with the Watchtower?" I got so sick of that. So I think a funny thing to say to a Witness is:

Refer to a JW as a Watchtower's Witness

Refer to the field service as Sticking Tracts Under Door Mats

Refer to the Memorial as emblem hot-potato

Refer to Circuit and District Overseers as Middle Management

Refer to the New World Translation as the New Watchtower Translation

Refer to Brooklyn Bethel as Brooklyn Brothel

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    My relatives that are still Witnesses, always hate it when I say one thing to them, more then any others ...

"Are you going to church tonight?"

"Were you at church?"

"How was church?"

Why is that? Did you ever wonder why we were so emotional about making sure people did not call our illustrious meetings or Kingdom Halls, churches? Isn't a church defined as

Church : A building for public, especially Christian worship

I have to agree, my parents hated when I talk about going to church. At one point I told them that since it was getting their knickers in such a twist that I wouldn't bring it up again. Funny though every chance my mother gets she talks about going to the kingdom hall.

Josie

• Terry
    Terry

"You want me to read religious material designed to change my mind, but, hypocritically refuse to do the same--what's THAT all about?"

"Your Watchtower magazines get all excited about the End of 6,000 years of human history and then stop mentioning it at all! Why?"

"Those Millions who were NOW living that would never die--why are they dead??"

• undercover
    undercover

I don't know if this is common but it used to gripe us...

[deep country Southern drawl] "You one ah dem Jehovers?" [deep country Southern drawl]

• hartstrings
    hartstrings
    "You want me to read religious material designed to change my mind, but, hypocritically refuse to do the same--what's THAT all about?"

Love this Terry and this is one of the few listed in this thread that would have made me really think all day as a full-time dub.

Or:

"You preach about the dangers of propaganda because it is one-sided, yet your governing body discourages "independent thinking." Why is that?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit