My Meeting with the Elders...

by rassillon 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

OK...guys he said he "not gonna do it" he made a mistake in writing something...

I think this horsey has been beat to death. Anybody else need to get in a kick ?

Rabbit (holsters his Peacemaker)

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Did'nt any of you Americans watch "Bowling for Columbine" and the point where it was shown that you had over 11,000 gun associated murders in one year and compare that to other countries, like here where we had only about 65 I think.

Even if you say you have more population and multiply 65 x 13 times the pop. you still only get 845 and they asked the question "WHY"

Well I'd guess at the joking here about this sort of intimidation shows where Americans are at don't you think?

I guess it's an Americans right to hate black skinned people too ...look at your history!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I'm not going to turn this thread into another gun control debate. We've done that:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/115783/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/26/115978/1.ashx

My opinions on the topic are posted there.

Suffice it to say that in the US, the cities with the strictest gun control laws (NYC and LA) also have the highest murder rates. I realize that is mostly because criminals are using illegal guns to kill each other, which skews the stats somewhat.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Well I'd guess at the joking here about this sort of intimidation shows where Americans are at don't you think?

See, Rabbit (and anyone else who thought we were too rough on the original poster), this is exactly why gun owners have to speak out against 'jokes' and 'misunderstandings' as strongly as possible.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I was not ACTUALLY serious. At least a few people realized that.

hmmm....and yet if everyone had agreed with your plan then u would have gone ahead with it... during the time that the elders were treating me cruelly i hatched many a plan to do harm to them and their families..it was evidence of the mental state i was in due to their treatment of me...there are still days when i think about it although they are getting less and less now. one of the reasons why i didnt go ahead with any plan is because i dont live in usa and its not so easy to get a gun here. had it been i may well in my darkest hour have done something i would probably regret now or at some point in the future.. i dont know what they have done to you but unless you are prepared to go the full nine yards and take the consequences then its probably not a good idea.. as an ex-elder i only ever visited people to help them and that was also my objective on a judicial commitee...if i had visited anyone and they 'threatened' me with a gun then i would simply have left

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Hi rassillon at first I wasn't sure if you were joking about the gun, but after you said a couple times that you were indeed joking, that was good enough for me.

We can assume the elders you meet with will be making grand assumptions and drawing all kinds of conclusions about everything you say, - It's too bad that you come to this discussion board and also have to explain yourself 3-4 times, then clarify and reclarify and STILL have your own words thrown back at you with few people willing to cut you any slack.

Moving on, - I have a couple more suggestions for the meeting.

Howabout, meeting them with lipstick/lip prints all over your face?!

Or maybe pretend like you can't find the scriptures they tell you to look at

Or put something in your pants to make you look aroused---HAHAHAHA!

That would be HILARIOUS!

• rassillon
    rassillon

OK I am going to only make one last post on this cause it appears some still have that old JW attitude "our opinion is the only which is right" Anyway asleif_dufansdottir My comment you felt like responding to did not mean that I would be running around waving real or toy guns around. I meant that making "comments" about guns in a joking manner was not joking with an actual gun. It was only a reference to a gun. SEE? Your additional comments come across at though you think that you are smarter and better than me. Should I choose to view them that way or should we both try to use a little reason on the matter and think that there might possible be something deeper and the person behind the words might be a little more complex than what they write on a web forum. Should I respond Take a chill pill DUDE! OR Hey I know you really are just trying to be helpful and I appreciate that, let me assure you that we are probably alot closer in our actual views than what can be played out in notes we make to people we don't know. And tijkmo NO, even if everyone agreed with me I would not have done anything, I am a big joker and like to mess with people. I found pleasure in just imagining the looks on their faces if the situation had transpired, just as much as thinking about the "star trek" costume, and the likelyhood of me wearing that is about the same - nil. I am sorry that you experienced pain, I would never advocate actually harming anyone unless you were in imminent danger. I hope you are able to put things behind you and overcome. I will make sure to make mention of you in a prayer. And wozadummy YOU ARE OFF TOPIC! I disagree with you but this is not the place to discuss this, K And crankytoe Thanks for not being "quick to judge" and making an emotional response. Not to say that I never do ;) To everyone, take a breath before you reply. I get enough selfrightous BS at the kingdom hall. -r

• undercover
    undercover

I said my piece early on about the gun thing and dropped it and went along with the fun part.

But something you just said gave me reason to go back and re-read your first post on the thread:

To everyone, take a breath before you reply. I get enough selfrightous BS at the kingdom hall.

Notice in your first post you gave us your scenerio and then asked:

What do you guys think?
    Well, people told you what they thought. You might not agree, you might think some are stodgy or self-righteous even, but remember, you asked for their opinion and you got it.
  • Genesis
    Genesis

Even if someone did not find Rasillion's joke funny doesnt give the right to lack respect. I mean : Hey you just disturbed me by what you said so let me disturb you. Grow up, if you disagree, disagree with respect, no where Rasillion's lacked respect for someone or used Adhominem attack...

Joff

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Aslief_D

See, Rabbit (and anyone else who thought we were too rough on the original poster), this is exactly why gun owners have to speak out against 'jokes' and 'misunderstandings' as strongly as possible.

WTF ? Did you really not read my first post ???

Summary: I told him it was a bad idea. That it would reinforce the paranoid stereo-types that the WTS wants 'apostates' to represent. I told him I was a gun owner, too !

Then, after 40 people tell him basically the same thing...I think the horse has been beat enough ! It's dead ! More people needed to get in a kick or 20 and now this has devolved into:

I guess it's an Americans right to hate black skinned people too ...look at your history!

So-o...being 'Merican means I "hate black skinned people" and I am all about "intimidation" with guns, eh ? My, my, my...what a big ass broad paint brush you have...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit