My Meeting with the Elders...

by rassillon 51 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Wow.A texan who likes Guns!!

I happen to dislike Guns..so can i tell you to piss off.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What exactly is your objective and how will having a firearm help you achieve this objective?

Personally, I would recommend you interact with them in a civil and nonthreatening manner while recording the whole thing for the world to see.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

To wear it during your meeting with the elders, dumb.

You might get a few moments of giggles for yourself but then the story of the gun-toting apostate will circulate in the congregation and beyond reenforcing the dubs belief that xjws have all gone right crazy and handed themselves over to satan.

To record your meeting, smart.

If you keep a level head, you can, as others have said, make them look foolish with their own words and actions.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Take the conceal carry class and pay real close attention. If you display the weapon to intimidate and the police are called, you will be the one in trouble. At the very least you will lose your carry permit. I have a carry permit and I ask you not to do this. Your tactic could be used as ammo by the anti-permit people if they find out about it and it would be justified. If you have any doubt that I am correct, ask your conceal carry instructor and be ready for a good ass chewing. A better idea might be for you to just take the class, but don't purchase the weapon until you lose the cavalier attitude. The only time I would consider showing my weapon would be if I felt my life was in imminent danger, not because some "janitors in suits" want to talk to me. If you feel so strongly about not having these people in your house don't let them in. Its really not that complicated.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Take the conceal carry class and pay real close attention. If you display the weapon to intimidate and the police are called, you will be the one in trouble. At the very least you will lose your carry permit. I have a carry permit and I ask you not to do this. Your tactic could be used as ammo by the anti-permit people if they find out about it and it would be justified. If you have any doubt that I am correct, ask your conceal carry instructor and be ready for a good ass chewing. A better idea might be for you to just take the class, but don't purchase the weapon until you lose the cavalier attitude. The only time I would consider showing my weapon would be if I felt my life was in imminent danger, not because some "janitors in suits" want to talk to me. If you feel so strongly about not having these people in your house don't let them in. Its really not that complicated.

Repitition for emphasis. W

• james_woods
    james_woods

I doubt that you will get that concealed handgun permit should you relate this plan during the required classes. You might also be interested to know that a friend of mine who has this license firmly believes that he was given the third degree by the police when stopped for a minor traffic ticket. It apparantly pops up on their computer when they run your DL or plates.

I am a gun owner, also Texan, and sometime hunter, but not a staunch self-defense by handgun advocate. I sometimes wonder if the concealed-carry thing is a sort of subtle "gun registration" method or could be used as such in the future...

Anyway, doesn't Dallas already make enough Anti-Gun publicity as it is? Think about it, Grassy Knoll, coach Switzer arrested at DFW with a 357 is his carry-on, and now our rookie free safety shot twice in two years within the metroplex...once in a drive-by, and before outside a "club".

Seriously, my concern with this (and I hope you are just letting off some harmless steam) is that it could give the JW elders "ammunition" to claim you assaulted or threatened them, or tell everybody who will listen that "apostates are crazy"...

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I too agree, loose the gun.
    It's much better to record and document how they will mentally try to hold a gun to your heard.

• La Capra
    La Capra

This reminds me of all the local kids that are going aroun doing stupid petty criminal stuff, and getting videoed on their camera phones to send to their friends, recording and publishing what they did to the world.

Then having the video used against them in court....

Nothing like committing a crime and recording it for posterity, I say....(you can only use deadly force in certain circumstances, and if you have permitted someone to enter your home, that ain't it...).

Fortunately, we are all smarter than that around here, don't you know?

Shoshana

• Dune
    Dune

Cant he keep a couple of assault rifles on the wall in the living room?

I heard they're legal again :-P.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Is this a case of "My gun is bigger than your Doctrine?"

I fear your meeting with them is a sham on your part as well. You don't seem to want to talk with them, I agree, but what's the point of showing off how well armed you are? If I were the elder visiting I would certainly laugh inside at the powerplay you were trying to display. Sure, I'd leave your house pretty quick, but if that's what you want, why not just cancel the meeting and you wont have to spend money on a holster?

Guns don't intimidate elders, superior intellect intimidates elders.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit