adios LDH aka Lisa...

by just2sheep 69 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

I just wanted to put in a plug for the vital role of the PM arrangement.

It cannot be overstated how important and cheering it is to receive a PM in the mail box here from a friend or admirer just saying hello and "glad you are around posting"!

Just a couple of words of encouragement can mean so much!

People sound like they are doing so bravely on here. They post and sound so smart and on top of it.
    But think about it. These are fellow exwitnesses. You know what they have been through. You know their families shun them. You know they run into witnesses who shun them too. You know they have had to start all over in life making friends as you have. How smarty warty and fun is that? Its not!
    Everyone here needs friends and encouragement. More so now with the hell going on in the world.

Give the PM arrangement a try and see if by encouraging someone else you dont get encouragement in return!

Lisa, take a break, but dont say goodbye forever! We need you! We need everyone!

• anewme
    anewme

I just wanted to put in a plug for the vital role of the PM arrangement.

It cannot be overstated how important and cheering it is to receive a PM in the mail box here from a friend or admirer just saying hello and "glad you are around posting"!

Just a couple of words of encouragement can mean so much!

People sound like they are doing so bravely on here. They post and sound so smart and on top of it.
    But think about it. These are fellow exwitnesses. You know what they have been through. You know their families shun them. You know they run into witnesses who shun them too. You know they have had to start all over in life making friends as you have. How smarty warty and fun is that? Its not!
    Everyone here needs friends and encouragement. More so now with the hell going on in the world.

Give the PM arrangement a try and see if by encouraging someone else you dont get encouragement in return!

Lisa, take a break, but dont say goodbye forever! We need you! We need everyone!

• anewme
    anewme

Sorry for the double post. Guess I got my plug in!

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

to bikerchic, little toe, and any others who don't quite get it,

it isn't the moderation that is the problem. it is the attitude that ya'll show that is oh so familiar. we've all seen it, and we can see it now. the "we are only imperfect moderators" excuse just doesn't cut it. do it right. do it fairly. don't do it the way the wtb&ts taught you and we can all live with it

to ozziepost,

don't bother sending me anymore threats warnings unless you have actually read the previous posts.

to little toe,

no, you are a turkey that needs to get stuffed.

to bikerchic,

anyone who looks at the goodbyes and swansongs thread already knows ya'll's feelings on goodbyes. are you going to do this on all future goodbye threads or only for the ones that aren't in good standing? as for what goes on in the back room, there isn't anyway for us to know. noone would tell us if we asked. as for your idea of getting posts of this sort on a section of its own. would you still read them and then bitch about them because you and your friends don't like them? i don't like the hi how are you posts in the middle of a thread. haven't any of you people heard of the pm feature on this forum? how about a seperate section for them? i don't know if lisa wanted to slip away quietly or not, but i'm sure you and lt would have prefered it.

to those who appreciate goodbyes, so longs, see you laters, or swansongs(tm),

goodmorning and carry on.

• anewme
    anewme

Just 2, do you need a hug????

(((((((((Just2)))))))))))

Seriously, if people pmd more positive messages to each other there would be fewer exits from here.

Im not kidding. I have pmd quite a few who have exited and many have told me in addition to the rules and regs here, they felt alone. They only ones who were pming them were the mods in alot of cases.

Now that surprises you doesnt it?

You were not aware that alot of posters who are now gone from here fizzled out for lack of love and pms and confermation that they were appreciated!

It is true.

In the pms is where it is at my friends.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

anewme,

yes, please. and may i have another? hugs to everyone who needs them. i lke that philosophy.

j2s

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

j2s:

What an interesting reply. Who p*ssed in your chips? Are we somehow not allowed to express an opinion unless it concurs with yours? What happened to our right to freedom of expression? It seems that you're lashing out at anything and everything that moves - what gives? Bad day? Caffiene deficiency? acquired-PMT?

If you don't like the way people interact around here, why do you stay? (that's not an invitation to get lost, but rather a genuine question). You've not even been here a year, you've accumilated two topics and a couple of hundred posts and that somehow earns you the right to call the shots? Wow, you're incredible. I've been here nearly five years and I wouldn't be so audacious.

If you want to see a place that really love-bombs then go return to a hall for a reminder. For the rest of us attempting something akin to normality we'll keep on struggling to do our best, thanks very much. This place may not be perfect but IMHO everyone tries their best, and that includes the moderators (who are between a rock and a hard place and are bound to make decisions that folks don't always appreciate) who have to deal with the kind of abuse you're dealing both publically and privately.

For those who are wondering, this thread mostly relates to posts on the following thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/117026/1.ashx

LT, of the "I wouldn't be a moderator if they paid me" class

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

lt,

if you answer my questions, i'll answer yours. my questions are...why would someone who considers goodbye threads predatory(whatever that means to you) post to this or any other goodbye related post? are we only allowed to appreciate a thread with your approval?

in your estimation, how long does one have to post here before they can express their opinion? in what way do you think i'm trying to "call the shots"? Simon calls the shots ultimately. wouldn't you agree?

could you name one moderator i have abused privately? i know you can't because i have never sent a pm to a moderator, abusive or otherwise and anyone who says i have is mistaken. when i have abused(your word-not mine) them publicaly they have wanted to take it offline. why is that? there isn't anything i need to say, to them or you, that i need to hide.

your statement that this thread relates to your goodbyes and swansongs thread is only true because you made it so. i started this thread to say goodbye, adios, see ya later, so long to lisa. you are the one that made it about you and your pissy little thread.

do you think your origional answer to me on the other thread("...umm...nope don't know you...") encourages newbies and lurkers to post to this forum? i can't find anything in the guidelines that say i have to be known by you to ask you a question.

"-what gives? bad day? caffiene deficiency? acuired-pmt?" is this what you consider "shooting fish in a barrel"?

j2s

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

anewme,

i support what you say about the pm feature. it really can be uplifting to recieve the kind of messages you advocate. the problem with it is when someone wants to say something to you that they don't want to say in front of others. i really think it is so they can hide their true selves. but i'm always open to support, public or private.

a smile for you and yours

j2s

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

j2s:
    You sure like to ask a lot of questions. Since you want to play games, the following are my genuine answers to your questions. If you still feel like making something of it, feel free:

why would someone who considers goodbye threads predatory(whatever that means to you) post to this or any other goodbye related post?

You're twisting my words, as usual. I intimated that you might have a predatory interest in goodbye threads because of the way you expressed yourself in relation to "enjoying" them. Further, this isn't a goodbye thread perse, it's a "wishing someone well" thread. I have no issue with that.

are we only allowed to appreciate a thread with your approval?

Do you feel the need to seek my approval somehow? I neither asked for nor sought it. In turn I ask, what's making you post so aggressively towards me? It doesn't seem like anyone else is taking the inferences out of my posts that you are. Have I slighted you in a former life?

in your estimation, how long does one have to post here before they can express their opinion?

About one second after registering an account is probably long enough.

in what way do you think i'm trying to "call the shots"?

You're making demands of how others should post, for one example complaining that I had the audacity to start a discussion thread on goodbye posts.

Simon calls the shots ultimately. wouldn't you agree?

For sure, with his merry band of helpers having delegated responsibility, poor things.

could you name one moderator i have abused privately?

Nope, but then that comment wasn't directed towards you. It was a general one about some of the things the mods have to deal with. Why must it always be about you? Are you really that egocentric? Have you ever considered that you might be "projecting" your own fears and concerns onto me, rather than actually receiving half of what it appears you are assuming about me?

i know you can't because i have never sent a pm to a moderator, abusive or otherwise and anyone who says i have is mistaken. when i have abused(your word-not mine) them publicaly they have wanted to take it offline. why is that? there isn't anything i need to say, to them or you, that i need to hide.

No such accusation was ever made. You appear to be personalising a very general comment. If I was addressing you with it I would have started a section in my post with j2s:, as I have with this one. That's my Modus Operandi, as most folk here know.

As for mods using the PM function, I understand it's often used so that the poster being upbraided can retain face, without being castigated publically. Of course if you really are so paranoid that you think there's some kind of furtive reason for it I'm sure that no amount of persuasion will sway you from that opinion. C'est la vie, it's your life.

your statement that this thread relates to your goodbyes and swansongs thread is only true because you made it so. i started this thread to say goodbye, adios, see ya later, so long to lisa. you are the one that made it about you and your pissy little thread.

On the contrary, your little p*ssing contest started on the other thread, and Lisa's goodbye note was on the same thread. That was all I alluded to. As for the rest of the content of this thread, I believe it's of your own originality, and for that I applaud you. Lisa is a fine gal, who I will sorely miss.

do you think your origional answer to me on the other thread("...umm...nope don't know you...") encourages newbies and lurkers to post to this forum? i can't find anything in the guidelines that say i have to be known by you to ask you a question.

I haven't the faintest idea. It's the first time I've posted something like that, and frankly you deserved it, in my estimation. Would have prefered it if I'd launched a tirade of personal insults and expletives?

I'm glad to see that you've actually got around to reading the posting guidelines. Did you read rule one, while you were at it, or were you too busy looking for something in particular? If you want to go back over the other thread you'll find that you started this. Have you the balls to finish it, or too proud?

"-what gives? bad day? caffiene deficiency? acuired-pmt?" is this what you consider "shooting fish in a barrel"?

Nope, not even close.

So, your turn to answer questions, or has the cat got your tongue?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit