adios LDH aka Lisa...

by just2sheep 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    It looks to me like there is a breakdown of communication and an "understanding" that one never discusses why another is banned or punished in some other way. These taboos are ridiculous, given that if anyone wants to, they can easily find out elsewhere, where it's difficult to know what really happened because you are only getting one side of the story.

Maybe there's a better way to handle things than that, which don't involve shutting down communication? Stilted communication is a strong indicator of dysfunction in an organization.

Frankly, its this:

Someone, lets call them KCG or MEI , posts a topic that equates being handed a WT magazine to being "gang raped". The moderators quite rightly decide that this language is inappropriate and insulting to some who have gone through abuse etc.

A reasonable person would appreciate that IMO and the polite request not to post it (or the explanation as to why it was removed).

But no. Every thread then for weeks / months after that can be twisted to bring up this absolute OUTRAGE that they have suffered must be diverted for their attention. I really hate nigglers.

Do I care that someone is leaving? No - they always have and always will (and then return, LOL). Do I care that people are complaining about moderation? No - some people always have and someone always will. I believe though that the majority of people understand why it is there and appreciate the efforts made to keep things civil and cooperate with the mods.

You don't have to agree with everything but there is no reason to rail against things like some do.

just2sheep: if you don't like the site and how it's run then go elsewhere. The site isn't here to provide a platform for you to complain about it.

• Simon
    Simon

BTW: The reason we don't get into public arguments and explanations is because we have better things to do than take part in some people's rediculous "playing to the gallery".

What am I supposed to do if people post a pack of lies elsewhere (and they do)? Start disrupting this site and turning it into a board war? Start posting private PMs and Emails?

I've been doing this for 6+ years and I've seen it all before and read it all before. Every silly antic. Every attention seeking diva. Every man on a mission to show the world the evil of moderation.

IT ISN'T WHAT THIS SITE IS HERE FOR AND IT ISN'T WHAT THE MAJORITY OF VISITORS WANT TO SEE.

I will not allow the pettiness or egos of a few people dictate the shape of this site or divert it from what it is here for.

The rules apply to everyone equally. I am sure this is what SOME people do not like. If you have been here 5 years then guess what ... you don't get any special treatment or allowance to post things that someone who have been here 6 months don't.

Do you want 100% consistency? Tough - it ain't gonna happen because we're all different and none of us read every single post. Live with it.

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Well said Simon; many thanks to you, Angharad and all the moderators, you are doing a great job. Thank you for setting rules and enforcing them, otherwise it would deteriorate into mudslinging gutter. As you say anyone who does not agree with the rules can go elsewhere.

Sincere thanks.

David

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Welcome to the board Simon (all said tongue in cheek ). I don't know why, but I am cracking myself up with this stuff. Also, I am just trying to lighten the mood. Come on, it's hysterical!

Thank you Simon for the hypothetical, I remember the thread well.

Do you want to know what the nice thing is ... that the board exists. That someone took the time and continues to take the time to oversee this thing. Think about the times when it was down, people were panic stricken over that.

There have been times when people have taken offense to things that I have posted when I meant no harm at all. As a wise man (Ballistic) said to me ... take it with a grain of salt. People can come across very different in this medium. Some of the people he met in persons that he thought he would not like because he felt that they were harsh on line, he discovered he really liked. With that, I decided I was willing to stay in the sandbox and share my toys with the other kids.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    nig·gle audio (ngl) KEY

intr.v.
    nig·gled , nig·gling , nig·gles
    1. To be preoccupied with trifles or petty details.
    2. To find fault constantly and trivially; carp. See Synonyms at quibble.

ETYMOLOGY:
    Perhaps of Scandinavian origin

OTHER FORMS:
    niggler (Noun)

Just in case someone sees the word "niggler" and intentionally or unintentionally eliminates one letter and intentionally or unintentionally decides to get the wrong impression and SERIOUSLY hijack this thread, which actually happened at a Dallas City Council meeting a few years ago, to the great amusement and eye-rolling of those of us who have actually used this word in its proper context, as Simon just did.

There. The Grammar Queen rests.

Nina

• magoo
    magoo

........dayummm.........is it a full moon or what.......lay off the vineger

it seems to me some are a little testy.......tighter than an eight day clock.......chill...... take a toke.....pet your dog.....hug your kid.....feel good. after all, it's a discussion board...opinions.....most people have them & are entitled to them. just don't force them on others

magoo

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

It's the heat, Magoo.

Nina

• LDH
    LDH
    Every thread then for weeks / months after that can be twisted to bring up this absolute OUTRAGE that they have suffered must be diverted for their attention. I really hate nigglers.

Do I care that someone is leaving? No - they always have and always will (and then return, LOL). Do I care that people are complaining about moderation? No - some people always have and someone always will. I believe though that the majority of people understand why it is there and appreciate the efforts made to keep things civil and cooperate with the mods.

You don't have to agree with everything but there is no reason to rail against things like some do.

Sorry but after receiving four phone calls and 13 emails *I* need to set the record straight.

1. Hello everyone, you know how you can reach me in the future. [email protected]

2. The insinuation that I twisted "every thread for weeks or months" is ridiculous, and nothing short of Simon grandstanding. I posted a disagreement on TWO other threads with titles that are offensive. Unlike others, I have a crystal clear memory. I've also spoken to Angharad only ONCE with regard to moderator tactics, so please don't be left with the impression that I'm one of the complainers....you should know me better than that. Simon for you to try to lump me in with that group, whether conciously or subconciously, you know I would never accept these types of accusations.

So let's get this straight. If someone else gets offended by me, then I have the responsibility to bow low and deeply apologize. But when the EXACT SAME act that so-called 'offends' people is commited by some of the same people who 'claim' to be offended ---they can kiss my happy ass cause Homie don't play that. Big effing deal mine said "gang-raped" in the title. Right now we have several threads about COCKS, MUFFS, TITS, and even one about FAT BITCHES. I was surprised all the FAT BITCHES didn't get offended.

3. Lady Lee sent me a PM telling me she had DELETED the thread. Not locked, but deleted. When I questioned her decision (with integrity, not insults or foul language and so on), she didn't even have the common courtesy to reply to me. I have enough credibility on ExJW internet boards to deserve the courtesy of a reply. I'm not a troll, I don't hide behind a moniker.

4. The thread title was appropriate for ADULTS. I was suddenly accosted before DAWN broke in a dark walk-way tunnel at the BART station in Pleasonton CA with my teenager and a four year old in tow. I don't appreciate sudden 'thrusting' moves in dim light when I don't know you, and when I don't know what it is you're trying to shove at me, I don't give a damn if you are wearing a skirt. Luckily for them when we made eye contact one of them smiled, or it would not have been a pretty scene.

5. Contrary to (perhaps) belief, I do not have a trigger finger. I have previously never had problems with the board moderators until this year...SIMON are you listening. Ask Angharad, she sent me a PM about a thread after I alerted her, I believe. Another moderator (Bikerchic) allowed her drunk friend to post some AWFUL things, but when others got offended and called him on it, she chastised THEM. She had her say and then she locked the thread which is a PUSSY MOVE and I lost ALL respect for her at that point. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

YES there are victims of SEXUAL ABUSE on this forum. There are, however, FAR MORE VICTIMSof emotional abuse on this forum. Somehow victims of SEXUAL abuse get special protection with hush-hush tones....mustn't say that....A victim is a victim is a victim......blah blah blah. QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST and perhaps one day you will get promoted from victim to survivor. It is not the responsiblity of the rest of the world to walk on egg shells around YOU.....because that is an indicator of your state of mental health, not mine.

6. Human beings are not perfect, and I for one don't expect it. I have an awfully long fuse because I understand it's basically socially retarded people I'm talking with (when you consider the unseen population of lurkers and the disabled XJW). However even POLICE DEPARTMENTS which have control over you and I are still regulated by OVERSIGHT COMMITTEES as a result of a FEW BAD COPS who abuse their authority. SIMON are you listening??? Moderators have a purpose. However they should be NEUTRAL and if someone with credibility disagrees with a tactic of a certain moderator, that issue needs to be looked at from a different point of view.

7. As I remarked to Simon, this board is necessary. This is good work. However the current situation with certain moderators does need to be addressed. Simon knows I haven't EVER gone running to him complaining about others cause guess what I'm a big girl. CAN EACH OF YOU SAY THE SAME????? No matter how he or others wants to spin it, I don't have to run off in a huff.....

As much as I find the humor on this board to be staggeringly funny, (XJW are the funniest people in the world) It's not worth the devotion of my time. I had already mentioned to two well seasoned and respected posters in phone conversations the week prior to this (Hillary Step being one of them) that the whole forum thing was getting a little old, and I feel I've done my part.

To clarify....when I said something was rotten in the state of Denmark, I was referring to the WBTS......not this board. I don't need to call Simon's board names to feel better about myself.

I have left the board before....I think it was a good year....an no one had done anything 'wrong' to me. I was just too busy then as I am too busy now. I came back last December I think....and to be honest I do not have the time to devote to MINUTIA like he-said she-said.

Within the past month, I have unintentionally created a maelstrom with the JR BROWN thing, I think I have spoken to at least one hundred of you. Although I've been on the forum for YEARS you know this is the first time we've spoken. I have been deluged with emails and voicemails, and I don't mind it. I've gotten to know a lot of you in the past month way more than on the forum. And yes, I have laughed my ass off about the JWs not having a special pipeline to God, just like you.

So, with all due respect, please don't spin this out of proportion. I'm just re-directing my energies. Plus I'm very close to a promotion from Regional Manager to Vice President, and hey I've got a kid to put through college.

I will post her prom pics and some other fun stuff later this year around Christmas, it's not like you will "never see me again." Take good care of yourselves and never forget you are engaged in a Holy War.

Lisa

Much Love Class

• LDH
    LDH

PS, if you haven't seen ANTWONE FISHER, you need to rent it.

I think it's about two years old, but it will resonate with all of you survivors. We are stronger than the WBTS, never doubt that for a minute.

• magoo
    magoo
    HEAT STROKE WARNING!!!!!!! 20-Jul-06 15:54 Jul 20, 2006 anewme 20-Jul-06 16:08 Jul 20, 2006 purplesofa

magoo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit