District Overseer put out to pasture with no $$$ - sad

by Dogpatch 167 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    In all seriousness, I think unkind and especially hateful speech toward persons who have been JWs for many years only tells those still in there that there's no point in leaving. They can only feel that they're going to be greeted with more unchristian attitudes than they ever found while in the organization.

Yes, you're right.

They will make a CHOICE to live in fear because of the unknown.

That's what I did when I was 16.

Adults should hold themselves to a higher level of responsibility.

Lisa

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

"30 years a WT slave"

I read the book too, but it was written with such a hateful attitude, that it convinced me all the more that JWs had the truth. That's why I'm appealing here that we watch our own dispositions toward JWs. I think we're doing exactly what the WT does when we classify them all as stupid, gullible, evil or what have you. They say every JW is one of God's sheep simply because they are members. Should our view be that every JW is rotten just because of being members?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Should our view be that every JW is rotten just because of being members?

Well said.

• LDH
    LDH
    I read the book too,

Frank, you got one up on me. I've never read that, or any other "anti" JW book like "Crisis of conscience." For me, I took a look around at all of the families who were being torn apart by this hateful organization. That was it for me.

I think we're doing exactly what the WT does when we classify them all as stupid, gullible, evil or what have you. They say every JW is one of God's sheep simply because they are members. Should our view be that every JW is rotten just because of being members?

NO it does not. However even Jesus THREW the money lenders out of the temple when he had his fill of their greedy behavior. If you step to me and tell me because I don't sell rags for your company I'm gonna be bird food in a hot minute, be prepared to be responded to in kind.

There is enough information out there now in the WT society's OWN PUBLICATIONS that even if a loyal JW reads NOTHING except for the approved materials, they should open their eyes.

I don't feel sorry for them anymore. I don't think you're wrong if you do. Just a different perspective.

By the way, I felt sick to my stomach when that lady said he flirted with her. I remember an older elder in his 50's when I was barely 19 or so, who was obsessed with me and everyone around thought that woulda been a great catch. Behaviors and attitudes like this that are fostered en mass in WT land manifest what the organization is.

Let him that has eyes see, and let him that has ears, listen.

Lisa

Hard ass Class

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi LDH:

I feel our biggest problem was that we did not heed the appropriate counsel straight from the Bible:

Ps 146:3- "Do not put your trust in nobles nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs".

WE should have heeded the counsel in the Bible from long ago........it's always been there :

Ps 56:11 -" In God I have put my trust. I shall not be afraid. What can earthling man do to me?".

Jer 7:4 - "Do not put your trust in fallacious words, saying, 'the temple of Jehovah, the temple of Jehovah, the temple of Jehovah they are".

Instead, many of us continued to listen to the diatribes and fallacies of the WTS ( not from God), their threats of disfellowshipment, destruction, etc. and allowed ourselves to be suckered into many untrue doctrines, rules, etc.

Thus we allowed ourselves to be dupped.and were dupped.

Ronin1

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

frank; i watched your arguements on the thread about jn 2:18-21 and tho i know your out of the wt. thier indoctrination has not left you. i'm happy your out. but the point is you spent hours typing, to defend what you learned from the wt. just as it took me hours to read it, was you right or wrong.? you can't tell me that in 50 years of field service this topic never came up. christians use this verse all the time. as well as luke 24:36-39 etc. i mean you were in brooklyn for how many years. you never wanted to check out the main brooklyn public library at boro hall? i personnally seen the jw's get the hebrew bible ot. handed to them dozens of time from my jewish neighbors. with the jw's standing there like dopes. then there was a greek orthodix priest living down the street church and all. that i became friends with. at the age of 13 i watched this guy . rip 4 long time jw's to shreads. on greek and the nwt. sorry he's not alive today. now that i am a ful fledged wt exposer. . some of these conversations were set up by my mother . a catholic. over 35 years ago. all because my jw dad thought he knew everything. i know how jw work the f/s and most times never return . when they find some one with strong knowlege of something the jw's don't want to talk about. it happenes to me everyday , i talk to a jw. no matter what the topic. btw i like your site. john

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Saul of Tarsus had blood on his hands because he didn't know any better. Like JWs he was thoroughly convinced he was doing the will of God. I'm of the opinion that, to be like Christ, we need to be less judgmental and to be more forgiving of others, particularly so if they've repented as Saul did. Their own consciences may be giving them more than enough to contend with. If we're honest with ourselves, we will acknowledge that we've done bad things we shouldn't have that some JWs may never have had come into their minds. Many of us have made serious mistakes with our lives that we deeply regret.

Honestly, I can't imagine how we can help those people if we have the attitude that they deserve everything they get. No matter what any of us get, it will never be what we actually deserve.

My boss and his wife are decent Christians. They never were JWs. They wouldn't harm a fly. But recently she gave birth to a baby boy with no anus, with a cleft palate and with Downs Syndrome. Is that what they deserve?

Suppose they were JWs and experienced the same thing. Would we jump for joy and shout that they deserve what's coming to them?

That kind of mentality might scare some decent people back to JWs, I think.

Frank

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

alt look at the picture of this man basking in all his glory . of the free car from circuit leasing and the green hand shakes. now think of the picture of jesus cano locked up in middle town n.y. give me 1 hour with this bull$hit artist. and it will be a new picture of all his wt books . all over his desk and him looking and feeling like j>cano . by the time i get finished he would be pissing on his library and asking me for matches. i would KNOCK HIM DOWN TO SIZE IF THE WT HASN'T ALLREADY DONE IT. can anyone say A$$kisser

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks Frank and others. Well I hope I never get all what I deserve for my past bloopers and intentionally bad attitudes and decisions. My point was not that he doesn't deserve ths, but that the man may be very broken and might just be ready for a change of heart. Kindness can be a healer, while not condoning the past. Thank God for that!

Randy

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    However even Jesus THREW the money lenders out of the temple when he had his fill of their greedy behavior.

But let's not forget that many of such persons later became Christians, and their former "greedy behavior" wasn't held against them.

• "A great many of the priests were becoming obedient to the faith." (Acts 6:7)

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit