District Overseer put out to pasture with no $$$ - sad

by Dogpatch 167 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Anyone know this poor soul? Randy A brother who served as a curcuit and district
    overseer for 40 years. He is now in his 70s and has been "dismissed" "put
    out to pasture." He lost his small monthly stipend, had to turn in his car
    that the society provided him for all those years in service and had no way
    to support himself - preaching was his only profession. He is severely
    depressed and trying to make sense of the whole thing.

So that is what this multi-billion dollar organization does for its aging
    leaders.....they end up bagging groceries when they should be embarking on
    a graceful retirement.
    His name is Don Emshoff He was D.O./C.O in Wisconsin, Illinois, Colorado, California. Net Soup! http://www.freeminds.org

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Oh CRAP! My mother knew Don Emshoff...related to him by marriage, I believe. Any way I could get in touch with him or find out more?

~Merry

• LDH
    LDH

Anyone know where they intend to turn him into glue? I.e., where has he been "assigned?"

I can't help but laugh at the stupidity of it all. The stupid WBTS for believing it would never have retirees and the stupidity of a grown man who threw everything away to teach people how to sell magazines better.

If he had worked for Amway he'd have a hell of a down-line by now.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

They'll give the old folks a spot in the shade at the conventions, but when they've finished giving decades of service? Out like yesterday's garbage. :(

• under_believer
    under_believer

If he didn't see this coming, he's particularly naïve. This is how the Society treats all CO's/DO's at the end of their natural existences--why do you think so many do it for so long before retiring, usually with severe health problems? Because they know this will happen to them.

Same thing happened in the Portland, OR area recently. In this case the circuit stepped up to the plate and housed him and cared for his needs out of their own pocket. The Society certainly isn't going to do a damn thing about it.

They should have asked about the retirement plan before signing their life away.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Are you sure this is true? The last time I went on a Bethel tour in Brooklyn the tour guide said they turned the old-timers into glue to make more books.

No... I'm not kidding... she actually said (joked) that.

• Scully
    Scully

I hope the younger Bethelites, COs and DOs are paying very close attention to this and get the hell outta Dodge while they have a chance.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Here's their retirement plan:

It was supposed to be all they would ever need...just not as soon as they would need it

~Merry

• hopie
    hopie

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY .....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT........

I WAS IN THE SAME CONGREGATION WITH THE EMSHOFF FAMILY DURING MY TEEN YEARS IN OMAHA, NEBR, THERE WAS ONLY 2 CONGREGATIONS THEN, NORTH AND SOUTH UNIT AND THE ADDRESS WAS 1616 VINTON ST...I CAN'T BELIEVE I REMEMERED THAT ADDRESS !!!!! MY BEST FRIEND WAS HIS SISTER, I BELIEVE HER NAME WAS ERMA, THEY ALL HAD RED HAIR EXCEPT THE OLDER BROTHER, ELDON. I REMEMBER ALL OF THEM AS SWEET AND SINCERE PEOPLE. DON WAS ESPECIALLY SPECIAL, HIS NATURE WAS THE SERIOUS LOYAL AND DEVOTED TYPE.

WELL NOW THAT HE IS PERSONALLY AFFECTED BY THE WTS, HIS EYES WILL BE OPENED AND SEE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE......A C U L T

IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS HIM FROM THAT TIME PERIOD...MAYBE WE KNOW EACH OTHER !!

HOPIE

• rekless
    rekless

Personally, I feel sorry for the CO. He put his complete trust in something and not in God. I was just as naive as he was. My God was the org. I put my faith and hope in that org. I wish there was a way to expose the WTS to the world as being a greedy, self serving hypocritical for profit charity, and real estate conglomorate for what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit