District Overseer put out to pasture with no $$$ - sad

by Dogpatch 167 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I understand he served WI, but is a big state, does anyone know if he served the Janesville area? I think the guy may have served that assembly hall because a single guy who wore pinkie rings and liked the finner things in life really rings a bell.

• blondie
    blondie

I do believe that Wisconsin is all in one district.........ergo, he served in the Janesville area. Why were you a JW in that time period about 10 years ago? If you heard him give a talk you might remember a scripture he was fond of suggesting people memorize.

(Exodus 34:6-7)
    And Jehovah went passing by before his face and declaring: "Jehovah, Jehovah, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in loving-kindness and truth, 7 preserving loving-kindness for thousands, pardoning error and transgression and sin, but by no means will he give exemption from punishment, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons and upon grandsons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation."

Blondie

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I do not wish evil on anyone. It is sad that this District Overseer (isn't that like a bishop or cardinal ?) would be thrown aside after he spent his life in the service of the WT corporation. Even non-"Christian" businesses treat their loyal agents and employees better than that.

But, what do you expect from them ? Why is anybody really surprised ? Through out their history they have shown themselves to be very cruel masters. According to Ron Brown, up to 60,000 individuals are cut-off from association with their friends, parents, siblings and other relatives -- every single year, because of some infraction of their hundreds of rules !

Have any of us here made any great sacrifices for the WT gods ? All of us have ! Do those years of time, effort, money, field service or ministry mean anything to the WT -- if you go against one of their rules or have an independent thought that you express out loud ???

How many JW's or their children have died because of the blood issue or lack of organ transplants or vaccinations ?

Many of you know my mother died over the blood issue.

How many JW's around the world have died, because of political persecution due to insane GB rules ?

How many JW's following the WT rules about military service have been imprisoned ? And the flip-flop over accepting "Alternative" service ?

As a conscientious objector during the Vietnam War, I almost went to prison. Many others, some on this board, did go to prison !

How many JW's committed suicide after being DF'd ? Or attempted ?

I know 3 brothers who could not take the cruel shunning and killed themselves. I know of 15 - 20 attempted suicides.

How many JW's left their wills to the WTS before 1975, cutting their children out because the "New Order" would be here ??

How many JW's gave up a higher education at the WTS direction and are still paying dearly for that mistake ?

I'm one of them.

How many Ex-JW's are there around the world that are affected by "being put out to pasture" ? Put out-of-mind-out-of-sight by an insanely cruel shunning that shreds all family ties ? I lost my 1/2 of my family and all my children.

Is anything a JW does 'good' for the mighty Borg ...actually remembered or appreciated ? Does it give you a "free pass" or a little credit if you do disagree or break one of their many rules ?

I think the answers to the above questions are very obvious...the WT does not care.

The D.O.'s own faithfulness to the WT gods put him in this position now. When my Mom died...her faithfulness in the WT gods is what put her in an early grave. Our family never got a letter of 'appreciation' or even a phone call from the Watchtower gods or their minions. She gave up her very LIFE for them...I've wondered if they ever even knew.

I suppose there was a Form Letter sent for 'Faithful Deaths' like the S-77 form for disfellowshipping. Something like: FDB - 77 (faithful death-blood).

What do we expect from these gods...?

Rabbit (of the glad I am out class)

• atypical
    atypical

Wow - Janesville... that brings back memories. I attended many circuit assemblies at the Janesville assembly hall as a child. But, in addition to the other states mentioned, we also had Emshoff in AZ.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

As I was reading the various posts to this thread. I considered the damage done to so many through this (and other)religion(s). I think it is quite akin to marital or spousal abuse. Is a person any less abused because they never get the courage to escape? Or if they are too dim to realize it is possible? My mother in law was abused for 20 years by her husband. Physically and emotionally-and so were some of her (8) children. When she tried to leave him after only one child, her family told her that she married him, she had to deal with it! That was in the 50's. How difficult was it for women over the ages to leave an abusive relationship? How hard was it for you? Did you hesitate? Fade? Are you still faking it? Did you run like hell and change your identity, get a new phone number, leave no forwarding address? You all KNOW how hard it is. How many lost parents, spouses, children to this organization or its power over others in your life? Whether they are in or out, in positions of (relative) power or simply answering the easy question at the very end of the WT study-you are well and truly stuck in a very difficult situation to get out of. Some of you still are. And the deluded ones who still believe it is actually the truth and who are hurt by the organization are like poor kicked dogs-loyal to their owner and accepting the abuse as their due. THAT is sad. Shelly

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

JWDaughter

How difficult was it for women over the ages to leave an abusive relationship? How hard was it for you? Did you hesitate? Fade? Are you still faking it? Did you run like hell and change your identity, get a new phone number, leave no forwarding address? You all KNOW how hard it is. How many lost parents, spouses, children to this organization or its power over others in your life?

That's one of the best analogies I've seen. People who have never been a Witness ask me, "How could you stay a JW for 35 years ?" It's a hard question with an elusive answer. It's a trap that you don't see until it's too late...

Rabbit

PS: Welcome to the forum !

• vitty
    vitty

I dont know if this has been addressed, but I remember talking to a COs wife about a CO that had recently died. i asked her what now happened to his wife she said " Nothing , she goes back to being in the congregation and pioneers if she want to"

I asked her how does she manage financially. She said she would have to rely on friends and family. She said fortunately her elderly parents had money so she would be alright but if you have got family youve had it. She said if you were a brother you would be taken into bethel but if you were a sister "tough"

• LDH
    LDH
    I think it is quite akin to marital or spousal abuse.

You're right, it is.

The Elders are just one classification of abusers. Then we have the COs, the DOs, and then the ultimate abusive spouse, the Governing Body.

Whether they are in or out, in positions of (relative) power or simply answering the easy question at the very end of the WT study-you are well and truly stuck in a very difficult situation to get out of. Some of you still are.

Of course we have different perspectives.

Have you ever read the Emperor's New Clothes? The villagers believed what they wanted to believe, despite evidence to the contrary right there in front of them.

So we have a whole generation of people who believe what they want to believe, despite the evidence in front of them that the WBTS is not who they purport to be.

THE EMPEROR IS NAKED people. The WBTS only has power over you if you believe that they do.

Lisa

Wears Natural Textiles, Real not Imagined, Class

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

In addition to my above comment:

Can you imagine the trouble in store for the congregations where these ex-Bethelites are being sent? I see big trouble on the horizon!!

The novelty of their presence will wear off in about five minutes. Just picture the endless requests for money to already strapped people - and the resentfulness of those who, being put on the spot, are extending charity. This cannot go on indefinitely. Believe me, people will soon tire of that! (This already adds insult to the injury of certain other deadbeat types who are already there and trying everybody's patience.) Any who are lurking here who expects to be a congregation mascot or supported clergy type person with their hand out is going to meet with a bad attitude. And, god forbid, one of these people has a haughty attitude and expects to extract "homage" from everybody! I can see them getting told off!!

Sadly, I even see a problem for people who employ them. Because they never dealt with the "world" they may imagine they are still in Bethel or in the Hall. They may expect to be cut "slack" and be given favors. They may prove to be a liability rather than an asset.

And if I hear the sickening phrase about how we should not forget how "faithful" they were one more time, I am going to get ill. What does that have to do with me or anybody else?? Bethel is the one who forgot them. They created the calamity.

LHG

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Catholics face crisis over retired nuns By RICHARD N. OSTLING, AP Religion Writer Thu Jul 27, 7:20 PM ET

See, the Watchtower is NO BETTER than the RCC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit