I miss the "free" food.

by Justice-One 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Free food. It used to make the conventions almost bearable. I rememeber telling the wife and kids to NOT put anything in any contribution box, because as the head of the family, I had taken care of it. LOL. And you would not believe how wasteful I was. I remember one time I got 5 hoggies, and took one bite out of each. And one time I got a bag full of food and took it out to the homeless (aka bums) that were hanging around. Gee, I miss those days.

Now I have graduated to putting nasty notes in the contribution boxes, and taping "the truth" on bathroom stalls.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I was young enough to remember the last days of the danishes and orange juice. Those danishes were the bomb. Then all of a sudden, the food was gone and was lauded as a "simplified arrangement." Bastards.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    And you would not believe how wasteful I was. I remember one time I got 5 hoggies, and took one bite out of each. And one time I got a bag full of food and took it out to the homeless (aka bums) that were hanging around. Gee, I miss those days.

Wow................you sure were something! I can see you laughing at the very thought of these escapades.

It's one thing to hate what the WT does and did to it's members.......but no matter how much so-called knowledge one has these days..................the bottom line is...................some people have been and still are jerks.

Gee..........I miss those days.

HappyDad

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    I was young enough to remember the last days of the danishes and orange juice

YUM! Those were the best! And on Sundays they served icecream! But I do miss the danishes...and the generic coke and potato chips (can't have just one)

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    It's one thing to hate what the WT does and did to it's members.......but no matter how much so-called knowledge one has these days..................the bottom line is...................some people have been and still are jerks.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

• Scully
    Scully
    I remember one time I got 5 hoggies

I think it's RunningMan who calls them Jehoagies. LOL

• foundfreedom
    foundfreedom

I started missing the home made burrito's that the local sisters made.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I remember the little stamp booklets that you buy and it was like you cut out a ticket for what you wanted, juice, danish etc. and yes I do have to agree the danish made it worth getting pinched hourly by my mom to stay awake and pay attention. Well we use to have to buy extra of those booklets and not use them as our way of donations. I remember other kids making like photo albums and had booklets from other years as a freaken collection.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"YUM! Those were the best! And on Sundays they served icecream! But I do miss the danishes...and the generic coke and potato chips (can't have just one) "
    --stillAwitness
    They had ice cream on Sundays??? Wow, did I miss the train on that one!

• bubble
    bubble

We never had the free food in the UK, but I fondly remember the food that we could buy at the Twickenham assembly.

Lovely bacon baps and fresh doughnuts, yum. Anyone else from Blighty remember that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit