Announcement: Another favorable court ruling regarding Napa County lawsuit

by AndersonsInfo 114 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jam
    jam

Send this ruling to your local newspaper. Maybe a few might run the ruling. Let it be know, before new

new light . jim

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

The crt's order only just came down. I would wait to do the dancing until the appeal time expires. I would not be surprised if the WTBTS takes it to the next appeal's level. Considering that the WTBTS likes to spin the legal system like a top, their next step will be to appeal the crt's order. However, I do think that even if this is taken to the Supreme Court that the WTBTS will lose and if that is the case that would be great for all other cases involving the WTBTS because you cannot go any higher then the United States Supreme Court.

• garbruce06atyahooo
    garbruce06atyahooo

As was said by someone else, if they appeal it then more and more of their dirty laundry will come to light, opened up in the court. Either way they go, they're in an enormous hole.

I also like what someone said about the court indicating that they systematically force what is actually the taking out of and maintaining of insurance, a clear court-noted evidence that they are just a "charitable" religious organization but operating as a gigantic at-profit company.

As was said by the other commentator, this means they also stand to lose their tax-exemption as a non-profit corporation/corporation conglomerate. (Indeed, please do inform the IRS as well as the FBI and others eyeballing the misleadership of the Watchtower Society. I don't know their email. If some reader does, then please use it!)

Well, and so the IRS brought down gangster Al Capone over tax evasion, and now so why not the Watchtower Society including its top-bottom network of pedophiles and pedophile-backers!

I only wish Pat Garza, who stood up in public and alleged Watchtower Gov. Body bigshot member Ted Jaracz raped her and a couple other kids she knew when he was a District Overseer in Los Angeles, had not died of cancer so that she too could see this. I bet though she sense the end for them was at hand.

The day is getting brighter.........................................

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Gary Buss,

(They won't do that.) They can appeal the ruling to the California Supreme Court, or they can settle the cases. What am I missing?

An appeal to the California Supremes is no guarantee that the WTS will prevail. And settlement is a two-way street. If the plaintiffs do not wish to settle, they can go forward, and WTS must defned itself at trial. This path can be difficult for plaintiffs, especially if the WTS offers the moon to buy its way out of a verdict. It is hard to turn down really big money. But, as these cases keep coming up, at some point, the WTS will either keep paying out huge sums to avoid trial and risk going broke; or end up going to trial in an effort to save itself from future claims. If they ever lose a trial, then the floodgates will really open. This is really getting interesting.

Jim Whitney

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

We all know that there are elders and/or spouses/children and friends of elders - has anyone approached them with this as a news story and how do they feel about a possible change in the society? If the JC becomes an issue, it would end the way of disfellowshipping....the paperwork trail may change..and how would they feel about the watchtower distancing themselves completely from the elders? Would they remain in service and in position if they knew that there was a possibility that they might be taken to court for some reason and with no direction or back up from the society? swife.

• sf
    sf
    Watchtower Gov. Body bigshot member Ted Jaracz ...was a District Overseer in Los Angeles CALIFORNIA

Back in the 70's, yes. I'm really wanting to find out who owned/ owns THAT house in Newport Beach/Balboa Island that we all used to go to and where some still do. It's a summer rental by some hotshot jw.

hmmmmm

sKally

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Question...

the ruling was handed down in 2005?

( was it already made public before this post was started?)

anyway... my question .. does anyone have any idea ...... the directive for elders to destroy any paperwork relating to molestation if a man is considered for ministerial servant or elder.. did this directive come after the ruling or before?

(i'm referring to the hand written elders notes that were posted from the Pay attention to the flock book earlier in the year)

• bebu
    bebu

Lots of thoughts here...

...I don't know if they can really shred the documents successfully. It is shown the WTS gets exact copies of the files, sent to them in special blue envelopes. If the WTS does not have a file, and the congregation does not have a file, or if the files do not match as exact copies (or can be shown to be tampered with or newly created) then it seems that willful tampering with evidence occurred.

...A question related to "what will the WTS do?" is... will they play the martyr? In the past, there were so many dramatic resistances to the government when a conscience matter was an issue. Now, when it comes to a privacy issue which they are defending heavily as necessary for the sake of the individual, will they resist giving these hallowed documents to the evil arm of government? Will they follow the steps of the ones they profile for bravery? I rather doubt it; the GB is made up of old men used to their lifestyle of ease. It's just easier to give in to Ceasar.

...Thinking about the elder book, and the handwritten notes. Richie Rich's find of the elder handbook has handwritten notes saying that ones who have been molesters may be considered for positions (my paraphrase here) and their files DESTROYED. Where, I wonder, is a copy of the confidential elders letter that gave that directive to write such notes in the margin? Any elders out there with such a letter in their file? Or another confidential letter saying that certain previous confidential letters were to be destroyed?

...There is a confidential letter to that effect that hit the congregations in UK, and someone here borrowed the letter from the CO somehow(!) and had a notarized copy made at a lawyers office before taking it back. Whoever has a link to that, could it be posted here? I wonder if an internal memo like that (even though for the UK and not the US) might help prove negligence on the part of the WTS. It all adds up imo. [Edited to add, I found the transcript of the scan here, but can't find the scan itself now. --Anyone??)http://www.reachouttrust.org/articles/jw/jwpaedo.htm

...The way the WTS wants to portray the KHs and the elders as free-standing really falls apart when one reads the directives in the confidential letters posted by Jourles. The elders are company men, all the way.

bebu

• DannyHaszard
  • Jourles
    Jourles
    Richie Rich's find of the elder handbook has handwritten notes saying that ones who have been molesters may be considered for positions (my paraphrase here) and their files DESTROYED. Where, I wonder, is a copy of the confidential elders letter that gave that directive to write such notes in the margin? Any elders out there with such a letter in their file? Or another confidential letter saying that certain previous confidential letters were to be destroyed?

Any ex-elders correct me if I'm wrong, but this inclusion into the PA book was given under the verbal direction of the CO. I'll check the BoE letters and see if I find anything different.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit