Announcement: Another favorable court ruling regarding Napa County lawsuit

by AndersonsInfo 114 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Is there such a thing as a 'consenting minor'? I guess I wasn't aware that it would ever be ok for a minor and an adult to have sexual relations. Is there such a viewpoint from a legal point of view?

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    I bet the WTS is already coming up with new ways to get out of this predicament they've put themselves into. The way this is panning out, they will have to eliminate the communication pathway from the elders to hq. They *might* even have to do away with the 3-man JC.
    Now we need to try to figure out how the Watchtower Society will respond to this situation.

I think they saw this coming -- eventually. They are being forced to ramp up the timeline to do this drastically though. You could see they were trying to sever the ties legally to the elders with the direction from the wt the elders were instructed to handwrite in their copy of the elder's manual. It started with the 6 expressions elders were never to include in the S-77 or S-79 forms in corresponding to the wt about judicial matters. They obviously wanted the control of the elders and the congs, but didn't want the legal liability it brought. Now they have to decide, are the elders in or out? Axel

• Jourles
    Jourles

I'm not advocating this or anything, but..... what would stop exjw's from suing the WTS over breach of confidentiality? The same breach that was described in these documents? If the clergy-penitent confidentiality was broken due to communications with hq, can they be held liable for this? In other words, can the WTS be sued out of existence for sharing jc details between congregation/hq? It sure sounds as if the appellate judge views it this way(maybe not the suing part though).

Hit 'em in the wallet and they'll go bye bye!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I'm not advocating this or anything, but..... what would stop exjw's from suing the WTS over breach of confidentiality? The same breach that was described in these documents? If the clergy-penitent confidentiality was broken due to communications with hq, can they be held liable for this? In other words, can the WTS be sued out of existence for sharing jc details between congregation/hq? It sure sounds as if the appellate judge views it this way(maybe not the suing part though).

Good point... I can see it now: Full page ads in major California news papers looking for pissed off Disfellowshipped and Disassociated people. Just how hard do yo think it will be to find thousands of people who fit that description?

$$$ Cha-Ching $$$

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I'll just bet they're out buying shredders as we read this...documents that don't exist can't be turned over to the court. They'll ramp up the "theocratic warfare."

If the documents that everyone knows exists suddenly vanish, isn't there a "Conspiracy to Pervert The Course of Justice" style section of California's criminal code? It'd be really gratifying to see the Tower dragged through the criminal courts as well as the civil ones. Just sayin'!

• Jourles
    Jourles

How do you say.... Class Action?

• Quandary
    Quandary

Where is Metatron? I always enjoy his analysis of HUGE news such as this.

Q

• blondie
    blondie

Would this interpretation of the WTS so-called clergy-penitent reference apply to all JC cases? That they could not hide behind this because 3 men are on the JC and the refer the information to the WTS headquarters?

I can see the elders being instructed to shred all their JC files, verbally of course; the elders would be hanging high not the WTS.

Blondie

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Is there such a thing as a 'consenting minor'? I guess I wasn't aware that it would ever be ok for a minor and an adult to have sexual relations. Is there such a viewpoint from a legal point of view?

Ever heard of NAMBLA?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

This is likely the most significant development ever in opposition to the Society. It's bigger than Dateline, and bigger than the individual cases before it, because it destroys their prime defenses. It's a bad day to be in charge of a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit