Be Honest: Did You ACTUALLY Report Accurate Field Service Time?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I never lied.

But what about where the Society actualy encourages pioneers to lie about hours? I know a "pioneer" sister who gets to write down an extra 15 phantom "hours" because she is supposed to be learning a foreign language to help in the "foreign field". What a load of rubbish - if she really spent 15 hours learning the language she would be able to say more than "hello" after nearly 5 years!!!

I think pioneers also get other "credit" hours for stupid things, like attending the pioneer school and so on. I am not sure about that, but I am sure about the foreign language bandwagon.

So if even the Society encourage pioneers to count hours that don't really exist, is it any wonder that others show some creative initiative also?

Slim

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

YES...every nut-crushing second of it.

NOT!!!!!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I did pad toward the end when I was so depressed I couldn't face going out.

We lived in the rurals (farmed) 45 minutes from the hall. I had a friend who didn't drive who lived farther out than we did, and I often picked her up. Many, many days I drove an hour or hour and a half before I even got to the service meeting, and the same amount after service was over. Since we were out in the boonies, there really weren't any places like laundromats or anything to 'start time' or finish it. It peeved me that so many people 'started time', so I just started from the time I left home, til the time I got home, which I felt accurately demonstrated my effort. I felt why should I not get 'credit' for driving for 2 or 3 hours to do this? Otherwise I could be gone all day and only get 'credit' for 2 or 3 hours? That just didn't make sense (still doesn't).

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I'd say up until around 2001 I did... then ironically, when I became the Cong. Secretary, I started putting fake hrs in. What pushed me over the edge was not that I was the Sec. it was a conversation I had with a pioneer elder about a brother in his Bookstudy who only put in like 8 hrs or so every month... I say ONLY because this elder proceeds to tell me that if you subtract the 4 hrs he spent studying with his kids every month (which by the way he doubted also) then he was really only out in the field about 4 hrs a month.

I couldnt believe the disgusting, judgemental attitude and from then on I just put in a range of hrs... anywhere from 8-14 or so. Since I also have kids I figured well hell they are judging me anyway so who gives a crap right!?!?!? Ray Franz in his book describes nicely how unscriptural and unchristian it is to "count your time" in service to god. The whole system is full of shit.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

oh yeah. I always tacked on some hours. funny, I used to feel guilty about that, but then again, I used to feel guilty about a lot of things....

• spiceant
    spiceant

i am anxiously waiting for my <are-you-saved-o-meter> to arrive

untill then...

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Always told the truth about time...even deducted the coffee breaks.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Most of the time, including my 6 years of regular pioneering, I was honest about my hours, though I knew others who weren't. I did add the odd hour on during my last year in the org though, or rounded up to an hour.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Oh hell no! I did'nt even really push the doorbell or knock !!! Just walked up to the door and "mimed" it. Thankfully I was always out with my

equally rebellious sister !!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit