Be Honest: Did You ACTUALLY Report Accurate Field Service Time?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Under_believer----You understand my point. My experience as a Secretary for so many years tells me that most of the "servant body" are liars as well as a few pioneers.

• free2beme
    free2beme

No, although it was nore of an issue with lying in the end and not in my Pioneer hay-day. I was told as a Pioneer to have creative time keeping. Hint hint!

• JH
    JH

Probably everyone knows the consequences of not puting in enough hours.....so they add a little more.

But I'm sure that if someone does 2 hours a month and writes down 10 hours, that the elders probably know it's exaggerated, and even the elders write it down and send it to Brooklyn, knowing it,snot accurate... But they are proud of having a higher average so they shut up.

Everyone has a boss....

• minimus
    minimus

JH, u r rite! You gotta keep up the numbers facade.

• karen96
    karen96

I would add some here and there, esp. when I auxillary pioneered.

My ex hubby, who was an elder and pioneer, had very creative ways to count time. So many times we would return to the hall for him, and be waiting in the car for 20-30 minutes. When I would go see what was taking so long, I would find him on the phone with his stockbroker! I couldn't believe he has 3-4 other people waiting outside while he say where his portfolio was! I guess he would keep him time going by telling the broker he was out in service!

Karen

• minimus
    minimus

I DID count time while I was on JWD. I admit it.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I found regular pioneers were the most creative when it came to counting time. As a new regular pioneer, I couldn't figure out how I could go out all day with 3 sisters and they got in 8 hours and I could only come up with 6. I finally asked and I learned:

1) Start time at KH (or meeting point) by calling an RV or another unbaptized person. I knew a sister who called her non-JW mother every time. Then drive to the other side of the territory. I have seen this done when working territory that was 2 hours away.

2) Keep time going on coffee breaks/lunch by talking to the waitress, it needn't be long, giving her a tract. I knew one sister who kept it going talking to her unbaptized 4 year old son when had a picnic lunch in the park.

3) Start your time early by dropping off magazines in airports, gas stations, laundromats.

4) Do RVs in a disorganized fashion driving from one territory to another and back to the same territory.

5) Do errands such as picking up dry cleaning, doing banking, picking up children from school, and still counting time; pick up husband at work, drop off children at home, do a little grocery shopping, stop at the mall.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, #5 is most creative and most common.

• blondie
    blondie

min, that's why I can see why people who at most had only 10 hours a month to worry about, being absolutely "honest." Once I started pioneering, I would never have "made my time" because I was held hostage to this type of person's schedule. I used to feel guilty, but then I realized I was doing what the "slave" said, going out with the brothers and sisters. The only way I could make my time honestly, was to go out by myself. Getting in 90 to 100 hours a month, working to support yourself (not being supported by a JW husband or in some cases a non-JW husband) was not easy.

So in my experience, it is the single regular pioneers who had to put in the old hour requirement, that had to be "creative" with their time reporting.

Blondie

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Magazine placements can only be counted when they are placed in a person's hand. Many of the pioneers who had placements ranging in the hundreds were leaving them at laundromats and office lobbies and counting them as placements for years.

Pioneers were upset when the Society clarified things for them.

So much for accurate and conscientious record keeping.

Think of all those that have exaggerated their field service reports and what it says about their character. The Society praises them for their efforts and gives them a certain status.

Can you say .... men worshippers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit