Be Honest: Did You ACTUALLY Report Accurate Field Service Time?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I bet most people did not. I think nearly everyone counted time spent on breaks. Or sitting in the car for an hour and a half while the elders did a "shepherding" call. Or they just made up fictious hours up so that they could look good......What bout you??? BTW, I fudged my numbers regularly.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Of course not.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I did fudge, but not by much. My Dad was the Congregation Secretary for years, so I couldn't get away with too much time padding. I'd usually claim I talked to kids at my school for a couple extra hours a month. (YEAH RIGHT!)

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yes.

Honestly, I was that pathetic.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I honestly and truly did report accurate field service time. It is JUST ONE of the reasons why I found pioneering to be so crushingly difficult. Once a C.O. told me that I could just "start my time" when I left the hall, instead of the moment I knocked on the first door. I remember looking at him like he was from another planet.
    I would regularly count out 15 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever, for breaks. I'd stay out until 12:30 or 12:45 to make sure I got my two hours for Saturday, or until 17:30 or 18:00 on weekdays.
    Those of us who take everything seriously have a much harder time and much farther to fall when we come out of the Watchtower.

• Quandry
    Quandry

For the most part, I did. I did not literally sit there and count how many exact minutes I spent in the convenience store getting a cold drink as some did, but I was honest. Then I went home and felt extemely guilty because I knew I wasn't spending enough time out there and felt guilty because I was so glad it was over, and felt guilty that my presentation wasn't good enough, and felt really guilty if the job was to go into businesses, because I REALLY didn't like that. Then I felt guilty because of my poor attitude with regard to this life saving work......... Guilty, guilty, guilty.......

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Yes and No.. When I had time during that month, I was pretty exact about what I recorded. I used the time honored if a break is less than 15 minutes you dont have to stop counting time and things of the sort.

If I had no time though... Id report one or two hours just to keep the elders off my case.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

A good 80-90% of my time comes from my imagination. If you're seen at least 3 times a month out in service no one will call your bluff...at least no one's called mine yet.
    I'm not that bad though. There was a "pioneer" who hardly ever seen out in service, yet she posted pioneer hours every year. The rare times she was out, she knew how to stretch that time. She'd just end up taking a half-hour to put on makeup, and just loaf around in the car before getting out and actually doing some work.
    This "pioneer" is off her rocker now, btw....

• Jourles
    Jourles

I was never approached by the elders to become a ms -- so what does that tell ya? (for those who can't figure it out, it means I spent on average turned in way less than 10 hours in fs each month)

• minimus
    minimus

Anyone who truly believes that the time JWs record is accurate betterget their heads examined!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit