NATO INVOKES ARTICLE V - Serious

by Amazing 68 Replies latest jw friends

• sennabrasil94
    sennabrasil94

We should launch the polaris!!!!!!

Something drastic must be done, the sacrifice of a few innocent lives over seas hardly out weighs the terror, death, and devastation to the rest of the world.

We don't want to be a muscle bond country thats afraid to fight back no matter what the out come, are we afraid to lose or not be so impresive to the rest of the world?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    Ginny, a citizen of the world

You are the coolest Ginny

Path

• bigboi
    bigboi

Niccolo Machiavelli's thoughts in the Prince has been helpful to me in understanding people. He wrote something that I have observed to be true in everyday life.

.....I thought it sensible to go straight to a discussion of how things are in real life and not waste time with a discussion of an imaginary world....for the gap between how ppl actually behave and how they ought to behave is so great that anyone who ignores everyday reality in order to live up to an ideal will soon discover he had been taught how to destroy himself, not how to preserve himself."

Sometimes it is neccessary to put aside some ideals we may have and view a situation with common sense. We are dealing with fanatical thugs here, that don't show any regard for human life. They view everybody in our society as the sole reason for all the evil on the planet. How they came to believe what they believe right now is not important. Right now, these thugs need to be dealt with and shown that this type of behavior will cost them dearly. To go after innocent human beings is despicable and intolerable. The U.S. has cowtowed for too long in hopes that we would not provoke them to do something like this. Now, they are going right ahead with their agenda killing our citizens after rebuffing every single olive branch extended to them.

Now is the time to put ideals aside and deal with these fools in a more appropiate manner. An eye for an eye seems fine with me.

ONE....

bigboi

"life's a bitch a with a g-string and a twelve pack of Busch."

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Bigboi,

Who are these "fanatical thugs"? Who are the "they" who are killing "our" citizens?

Let's assume that bin Laden is responsible. Reduce the borders to a different scale. What if some people were hiding him in Florida? Would you bomb all of Florida?

Ginny

• Hojon
    Hojon

If they were hiding him in Florida we wouldn't need to bomb. The vast majority of people in the state would help us get him. We could then get to where he is and either grab him, or he would resist and we'd kill him (my preferred outcome).

If he's in Afghanistan, you think they will happily allow a bunch of Americans to go waltzing in and apprehend him? Of course not. They would deny that he was even there.

These countries need to learn that to harbor terrorists is to sign up for your own destruction.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Hojon/Craig,

Again, who is this "they"? Is it the vast majority of people in Afghanistan? Is it the government of Afghanistan? Exactly how many people are contributing to hiding bin Laden? Should all of the citizens of Afghanistan be collectively judged and punished for the behavior of some?

What if you live in Afghanistan and don't agree with the actions of the government? What are you to do?

Ginny

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Who are these "fanatical thugs"?

Whoever willingly assisted and harbors the fanatical thugs who killed 20,000+ ppl yesterday. Be they Muslim Extremists or whomever.

Who are the "they" who are killing "our" citizens?

see first reply

Let's assume that bin Laden is responsible. Reduce the borders to a different scale. What if some people were hiding him in Florida? Would you bomb all of Florida?

I never said anything about bombing anybody. However, all those who would perpetrate such acts of senseless violence deserve to die. They have lost their right to exist in Society.

ONE....

bigboi

"life's a bitch a with a g-string and a twelve pack of Busch."

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I can see innocent people being killed in certain rare situations.
    For example if they could have shot down the airliners before they hit the WTC. It would be tragic but nessasary, unavoidable. I even feel loathe to admit it.

I can not see however, just to indiscriminently kill innocent people just because they belong to a certain group or country.

I hope those who have the authority will act in a way that solves this crisis and not shed any more blood than nessasry.

• Hojon
    Hojon
    Again, who is this "they"? Is it the vast majority of people in Afghanistan? Is it the government of Afghanistan? Exactly how many people are contributing to hiding bin Laden? Should all of the citizens of Afghanistan be collectively judged and punished for the behavior of some?

What if you live in Afghanistan and don't agree with the actions of the government? What are you to do?

Well unfortunately those people will be killed. And that sucks, but it's the way it is. There is the real world that we live in and there's the ideal world where we could just kill those responsible.

That's why they call it war. We have a military that has exactly one purpose- to inflict blunt force trauma on other countries. This is a case where it needs to be used. Will there be civilian deaths? Yes, unfortunately.

Many civilians were killed in WWII. Should we not have fought German and Japan for fear of killing civilians?

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Bigboi,

I allowed the posts of others to color my reading of your comments. I apologize for that. There is a considerable difference between targeting the people who willingly assist and harbor "fanatical thugs" and targeting entire countries.

Hojon/Craig,

I understand that there are times when force is necessary. I understand that there are times when civilian lives must be sacrificed for the greater good. I object to the use of force to appease anger and get revenge, especially excessive force.

Like D Wiltshire, I hope that those in charge will not shed any more blood than necessary.

Ginny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit