NATO INVOKES ARTICLE V - Serious

by Amazing 68 Replies latest jw friends

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Killing thousands of innocent people to preach your political viewpoint and teach your political enemy 'a lesson' is evil!!

So we shall find the perpetrators, and then we shall kill thousands of innocent people to preach our political viewpoint and teach our political enemy 'a lesson'!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Who said anything about bombs? I hope we go in and dig the bastards out with bayonets. I don't get this way very often. And I'm glad to see our friends sticking up for us.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

What a guttless bastard

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi PATH: I disagree with you on this one. The only language understood by the religious fanatics of the Islamic factions that engage in Holy Jihads is to destroy them, and their host nations. They are still fighting their ancestors wars from the birth of Islam. Americans are at a point of being tired of the bullshit. Too late, no more silly-assed excuses. Time to set a clear and undeniable precedant, and fight fire with fire. Call it an eye-for-eye, but, I will take my chances on it being their eye and not mine.

Am I being hard-hearted?: No. It is survival of the fittest. It is war. They started it. We will finish it. There is no point in any kind of existence under these conditions. There can be no finctioning democracy when you live in this type of fear. Self-defense is not wrong, but good and necessary.

Are these factions hard-hearted?: Yes. These factions have some time ago declared that ALL AMERICANS are targets, not just military personnel. This was stated by these factions after the bombing of the USS Cole in the Persian Gulf. So, when I see a person from that part of the world, I have to believe that they want to kill me. Now that is hard-hearted on their part, not mine.

Every American I have talked to in my area: All agree that it is time for serious action. None of us are seeking indiscriminate bombing, or hurting innocent people. But, all agree these nations that support and harbor terrorists are complicite with them. So, they must be dealt a quick and decisive blow.

What of Excalation?: If it means total war until 'they' are completely destroyed, then that is how it ust me. No more time for chicken-shit talk about being 'civil.' Again, we learned with Hitler what 'civility' result in. It is a lose-lose situation. My civility died yesterday.

Does retaliation make us as bad as them?: No. It means we are willing to stand up for ourselves and take a stand. And, I have no use any longer for weak-kneed talk of so-called civility. It was Prime Minister Chamberlin of the UK that talked 'civility' with Hitler. We see where such talk gets you when you are dealing with cult-fanaitcs. This is war. America was brought down yesterday with this blow, and we are now united in standing against this bullshit. We are a different nation today, and whatever we were before yeaterday, is gone; and may never return. - Amazing

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The way I see it, the more bombs one drops, the more those nations respond with terrorism. No one can take on the US militarily, so there is terrorism.

Terrorism is cheating, underhanded and cowardly, but it does level the playing field, in fact it gives one the upper hand. Terrorism isn't going away. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any easy answers and I don't think there is really an effective way to be in a free society and not be threatened with terrorism.

Certainly, there is no way to be the 'greatest country in the world' and not be threatened with these sorts of attacks. America can drop all the bombs it wants to, but it will never be any safer. Likely it will be less so, and will justice really have been served?

Path

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

I'm afraid that Bushy Jr is following the exact same strategy as Bushy Sr, and we may see the exact same results:

Take weeks putting together a coalition response, that acknowledgely has positives, but will also contain the same negatives that prevented the complete elimination of the Sadam Hussein regime.

The coalition will help the US find Bin Laden, and possibly even allow a spanking of the Taliban, but will prevent any retribution against other coconspirators such as Yemen, UAE, Iraq, Syria, PLO, etc. In 5 to 10 years, some other Islamic gangster will have replaced Bin Laden.

If the US restrains itself to an "eye for eye" strategy, they should go ahead and paint a fucking bullseye on the Sears Tower. Radical Muslims are more than willing to exchange "kisses" with the US.

The only way for the US to make certain this never happens again is to strike back with "overkill" against every Cameljockey outpost, that calls itself a country, which has ever given any help to any Islamic terrorist group.

However, that won't happen. The US has just entered a new era of fear, which will last the rest of our lives.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I was just thinking.

Could the USA threat to punish any who protect the perpetrators be an powerful inducement for countries who harber the criminals to lead the US to their hidaways?

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

You echo my sentiments 100%!!!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Path and MadApostate: We have tried the nice-guy approach for 20 years, with diplomacy, posturing, and all that good stuff. When Reagan took action against Lybia, Khadafy was silenced, as he remians today. Did it stop all terrorism? No. But it stopped much of it for a long time.

Hitler terrorized the world, and when the nice-guy tactics failed, as they often do with mean bastards like Hitler, then total destruction was the only remaining answer. Kill or be killed was a popular motto during WWII. The German nation was brought to its knees, and has not been a problem since.

Primarily the radical Islamic nations host the terrorists who are enganing in acts of war. Therefore, total destruction may be the only thing left to do. Perhaps these nations will come to their senses quickly and turn over the terrorist cells and organizations. If not, then there is one recourse left. I submit that it will work. No nation of this sort can endure the destructive power that is at our disposal.

As far as President Bush is concerned, at this point, I refrain from all criticism. I would support al Gore the same were he President, though I have less confidence in Gore's ability to stand tall when push comes to shove. Right now, I support the President, and if called to arms, I will go. Put me on the front lines so I can make a dent, and make it easier for the younger and healthier soldiers to come in and mop up the mess. - Amazing

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Amazing, well said.

I know what my grandfathers must have felt like on December 8, 1941 when they signed up for war. I feel the same way.

Slipnslidemaster: "I don't know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    - Albert Einstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit